Souldrinker Bug Alterac Valley Classic (Korrak's Revenge)

ok I won’t be naming and shaming him. It really sucks that you cannot do that though especially when it’s such an obvious abuse of a bug

1 Like

You can call them out when submitting bug reports in game, but not the forums.

1 Like

Trust me I realize it’s bugged now. It was actually garbage until I took off my TW set and duel weld them as fury (which resulted in the game about this post) and deleted it after

1 Like

I’ll stop using now. Only reason I was using it is because I was getting slammed by it by a warrior. I didn’t know it was bugged.

Saw a few monks using them, its really easy to tell when they outheal all their healers.

Does anyone know if this is bannable? lol

Not sure, contacted a GM and he said I can use any gear in BGs. I don’t think he realized they are more than likely bugged, there’s definitely a possibility of getting banned and imo it’s not worth it

This absolutely should be bannable. It’s an exploit used to gain a competitive advantage. If you think it’s working as intended. You might be a little special.

1 Like

The problem I see is that with how fast damage and healing happens in battlegrounds, people may be using this weapon and not noticing. Now, before anyone argues, yes I am aware there are people willing to exploit it, but how does Blizz make that distinction if they are wanting to ban people for it?

That and it kinda sucks for most classes. A Demon hunter using these doesn’t proc it enough.

A Fury Warrior whirlwinding, or a Brewmaster Monk using the spell that does the constant AOE around you hit so often that it procs multiple times in seconds, allowing you to basically be invulnerable to damage.

Try it out yourself and you can see the disparity.

So you’re trying to tell me…people just had two soul drinkers laying around and when this content got released they decided “hey, I miss using this item, I could just transmog my current weapon to look like it…but no I’m gonna actually equip them just for fun.” ?

1 Like

Yes.

Look at my gear. This is what I use for Timewalking. Its also incredibly good for AV.

Its not a big conspiracy lol

Edit: Just kidding, logged out in my 120 gear.

1 Like

I imagine the dedicated twinking community is full of these open secrets of overpowered sublevel gear. “Clever use of game mechanics” is the motto of the twink.

We are, but this sword is not one of them.

The only reason its OP is because its scaling off level 120 health, rather than level 60 health like it is supposed to. Its only OP in this setting alone.

Its a bug, and thus an exploit, in this situation. Theres plenty of gear that performs exactly how its supposed to, but is incredibly powerful. Thats twinking, not using bugged items.

1 Like

Say it’s not a conspiracy and then also says it’s an exploit…and also says the sword in itself is not a twink item. Thank you for proving my point. The only reason anyone is using it is because of the proc scaling.

Its not a conspiracy to hold onto old items with cool procs in the hopes of them being useful someday. Perhaps when you need to tank in a timewalking dungeon, or perhaps even… TANK IN A BG

Its an exploit in that it is not functioning how it should be in AV. It would still be a decent sword for tanks even if it wasn’t bugged.

After a BG and seeing 90% of your damage coming from drain life, yes. For the most part, no.

Did one AV on the weekend and the opposite faction had like 3 players with the souldrinker and it had completely broken the gameplay.

Had one today too. Brewmaster Monk and Blood DK on Alliance both using it.

They still lost :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Blood can’t even DW… wut

Not with that attitude :stuck_out_tongue: