Soul Harvester guessing

So the last Hero Spec to be announced for Warlock is Soul Harvester, firstly love the name, personally my fav name out of the three, what’s everyone’s guesses on what it would be/do?.

For all we know it shares between Affliction and Demonology, I keep thinking what abilities are shared or similar between both that could be changed or modified in some way.

My first guess something to do with Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul that leaves some sort of Debuff that when the Target dies with it on you reap its soul for a sort of buff or proc.

Second guess the capstone maybe replaces Demonic Tyrant/Darkglare into a Soul Harvester Demon that reaps souls and empowers the player. (As it would have to have some sort of influence on Demons rather then pets as Afflic uses Sacrifice), which I think would be totally awesome. Imagine a Scythe Wielding Dreadlord!.

For its defensive node, it has to have some interaction with Dark Pact, Diabolist has interactions with Unending Resolve/Soul leech, Hellcaller with Healthstones/Soul leech, the last unique thing would be some sort of Dark Pact/Soul leech interaction.

Soul Harvester is the tree I’m most excited about, what’s everyone’s thoughts or guesses?.

1 Like

My prediction is a focus on execution damage, either an increase to dot/pet damage as targets get lower health, or maybe even better demonbolt and soul shard generation.

Would also have some interaction with killing targets, and maybe even a method to trigger ‘on kill’ effects without anything dying. Aff would get better value out of soulflame, woc, and even DS/UA shard gen. To make up for it, demo could gain value from temporary pets expiring.

1 Like

I really thought that Soul Harvester was going to be the tree with the affliction vibes but then Hellcaller got revealed.

Who knows maybe after all the years of people begging for the meta form back we will see it in the form of some soul harvesting lich or dreadlord.

3 Likes

Ok I’m pumped and all for this!

How cool would that be to have the meta form back, but also it would be cool to have something back like Malefic Grasp and being able to channel Drain Soul back as Malefic Grasp and pump DoT damage up during it and being able to cast while moving would be awesome, too.

A mass Drain Soul talent for mass Malefic Grasp would be sweet, too.

Enemies who die with your DoTs or Pets attacking them heal you for a % of your health, like maybe “heal 5% of your max HP when a target dies with your DoTs on them” kind of thing.

Decimating Bolt from Shadowlands would probably be here to make a comeback along with Necrolord Shield maybe?

2 Likes

Soul Harvester literally just going off the name alone has so much amazing potential.

I just hope it’s like Diabolist or Hellcaller to a degree (as it adds Malevolence) but in the sense that it changes what we already have.

Like how HoG becomes Ruination or Corruption becomes Wither.

But I strongly feel defensive wise Dark Pact has to be in the tree.

Highly doubt but would love to be proven wrong, this would be so cool.

1 Like

Malefic Grasp and an aoe version would be enough to make me play Affliction again

1 Like

It’s highly unlikely but I honestly have no idea what soul harvester could be.

If i had to guess, soul harvester will revolve around drain soul and shadow bolt.

1. drain SOUL, SOUL harvester…i mean come on

2. after abberus there was a big thing about demo pressing shadow bolt more…

3. blizz removed haunts shadows embrace interaction, this drain SOULing more.

They couldn’t make it any more clear for us.

Imo bake drain life into drain soul. Aoe soulrot, plus it would make grimfeast useful outside of pvp.

2 Likes

A talent where drain soul may sometimes treat its ticks as tho its targer died would be sick.

1 Like

My guess is 2-fold. I believe Summon Soulkeeper is gonna get changed, or even removed. That reopens the old Affliction concept of collecting Tormented Souls and stuff, just using them for something other than summoning a Soulkeeper.

Then the Hero Spec, would be something like Reap Souls, where you collect souls. For Affliction, it’d be like the old artifact, for Demo, it’d be collecting Demonic Cores or something from the souls of your demonic minions.

Prob. stuff that effects Drain Soul / Demonbolt. Talents to treat the enemy as if it just died on a % chance, etc.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the Aff part (I never play Aff), but I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the Demo part focused on Doom, given it’s the closest thing we have to an Affliction spell (unless you count Corruption, which no Demo plays).

1 Like

This would be awesome especially for Soul Shards!!.

Soul Harvest will be Cooldown skill ( 60s) who you channel for some amount of time (2s~4s) and concede bonuses associated to your Spec.

Pet Damage %/Dot Damage %; Soul Shard Generation while Channeling; Pets/Dots deal damage faster by a big % while Channeling; Summon a Mini-version of your big Demon after Channeling.

Defensive Choice will be centered around Dark Pact and Utility Choice will be additional pet utility based on pet you have/sacrifice.

Believe it!

They need to add dot extension to the tree. Something not tied to a long cooldown or tier set.

Something like this should just be in the Aff tree and not the hero talent trees.

I honestly cant guess at what this is gonna be cause after seeing hellcaller and diabolist and how little each one changes each spec. I really would just preffer to see a post that aff is getting base spec changes first before this hero talent tree even gets released.

1 Like

I think the spec tree ‘s will be getting adjusting, they have mentioned about making abilities that are affected by hero tree’s easier to access.

Although the changes are most likely not we expect or been asking for but I guess their would be slight adjustments made.