Sorry Wranduin Fans (Shadows Rising Spoiler)

/gives Kakurine a :heart:

/takes :heart: away from Kakurine

Anytime a dwarf dies, I get very sad

No, theres a hierarchy in the lore for the human kingdoms as a royal anduin has no choice.

My views have nothing to do with it. The writers wrote the wow universe and are using a fuedal system for the humans like it or not.

Anduin and genn have a talk about anduin finding a wife, having hiers, the nobles, etc. So yes anduin has certain responsibilities as king. He acknowledges it.

But he states he has no one of romantic interest.

5 Likes

Some book narrators are absolutely amazing. If you listen to the Dresden files or the Mercedes Thompson series, it’s all one narrator. The 1st is male. The 2nd female.

I agree with you that the writing was meh. The narrator was not very good, when I compare her to others I’ve listened to. She seemed to forget who she was voicing. Maybe she needed a better producer.

Other than Talanji coming to terms with Bwonsamdi and emphasizing the distrust between the horde and alliance, Nathanos taking advantage of that there was not a lot there. Perhaps that was so people who don’t read or listen to the books won’t miss as much.

There are ways around that ie he has a consort that can bear his child while he hooks up with the eight year old dragon, buuuut I’d really prefer they just avoided this particular case of shipping stupidity.

1 Like

That’s a bit harsh, Thorland

2 Likes

They’re actively retconning the universe to be rainbows and unicorns though so expect the whole “a king must marry a woman and have a heir” to be replaced with something more woke.

2 Likes

Sorta historically in real life royals had consorts and sometimes had kids. But typically the consorts kids where bastards not allowed to take the throne unless absolutely needed.

Notice a key part of gens and anduins chat is about keeping the nobles happy. Gen offers his daughter. Anduin refuses. The nobles want the king to marry a human women of noble birth or high social status. Cross race romance is often frowned on in wow lore.

Because its a fuedal system the nobles need to be appeased to prevent civil war and power grabs.

But is that good writing? Or is it just pushing agenda because?

This is off topic, but I finished the book and I can’t help but feel it was completely useless. Maybe I just don’t care enough about lore and the character stories, but this book added nothing to the universe. It was basically a filler episode. I ended up refunding it for another book.

2 Likes

It’s kind of obvious he is going to get with Taelia and not wrathion

Anduins first crush got literally … crushed.

Rip dwarf girl.

1 Like

Well danuser (Nathanos is his self insert) said they retconned out homophobia and Ion said they are retconning black humans into stormwind.

How this will improve the Warcraft universe and story we are yet to see…

Anduin loves dwarf women. It’s canon.

Im personally happy more customization is going to be a thing. But i admit there is clearly pandering happening a bit.

It is a videogame afterall.

1 Like

I remember. I used to voraciously read every WoW book I could get my hands on.

That one was pretty sad

So that’s where the name lil lion came from :relaxed:

That wasn’t the fault of the book for WoD, however. That was Blizzard’s issue. They decided not to put anything into the game, and when that backfired, they mutely pointed towards the book as a scapegoat.

To me, having read them all, it wasn’t until WoD there was any glaring issue beyond the constant: “We don’t want to read at all, show me what I need to know.” that has always existed. There is no reason for it to be an issue going forward. If they are going to make the books purely side-info with no impact - why read them unless finally NPC #456, whom you’ve always loved, is a major figure? They’re teen-fic and not meant for the main demographic that plays WoW in any case.

This book was a bad turn, at least for me. It makes me torn over the issue. On one hand, if it doesn’t directly relate or impart added info to the expac, I never have to read another one; and on the other hand that means less story/lore overall since Blizzard has never focused, nor shown a desire to master the medium in order to tell a compelling story.

Frustrating.

Dwarven deaths make me irrational. That makes me sad too. :cry:

1 Like

Sorry, I like my Darkest Dungeon a bit too much >.>

2 Likes

Sigh people gonna flag and remove what you responded too.

Why are folks so overly sensative.