Sorry, somebody has to say it, the Chronoboon Displacer is a big fail

And yet you are complaining from a Druid.

Come one man. You are frustrated that you can’t exploit the thing, clear and simple.

1 Like

Step 1- get all your buffs
Step 2- use the chronic bawng 420
Step 3- stop being a gnomeskull

9 Likes

You got it wrong, the CORRECT MOVE:

1. Store 1 hour buffs in chronoboon
  2. Get 2 hour buffs, raid log just like before.
  3. Clear trash/easy stuff.
  4. Restore 1 hour buffs for last hour of raid.

This doesn’t fix raid logging at all.

Yeah, the way they did it is an attempt to appease “No-changers.” They’re making super conservative changes in an attempt to keep “No-changers” from crying up a storm by making small adjustments so they preserve “authenticity” as much as possible.

Read what they posted. They sat there and deliberated for over a year and a half as the world buff meta poisoned the game because they wanted to be careful with changes. “No-changes” and Blizzard’s capitulation to them has made Classic a far worse experience than it could have been. They’re doing the same thing with drums in TBC. Instead of just breaking the drum meta, they’re patch progressing drums for “authenticity” sake.

“No-changes” crushed the potential for Classic to really shine.

3 Likes

If your guild isn’t even sweaty enough that they’re clearing in under 2 hours then it seems incredible silly to be trying to min/max to the point of saving every minute of every buff.

5 Likes

Big disagree.

It means every bit of duration of buff and maximization of buffs can be the make-or-break for a successful raid. Wbuffs are valuable whether you’re using them to get a world record, or using them just to actually clear all the content weekly in the time your guild has alotted.

In fact, in situations where the world buff lasts shorter than the actual raid duration, it makes conserving the buff duration even more important.

2 Likes

The correct move is to get all your buffs in the exact order you would have before, then use chronoboon, then pop them on after clearing trash.

If you’re trying some optimization beyond that you’re being ridiculous.

And to the OP specifically, waiting an extra hour or so to try to save a couple minutes on some buffs is not being efficient at all, you may as well just spend more time actually raiding because you’re spending hours to save minutes.

5 Likes

I see your point. But there’s diminishing returns here.

The effort it takes to do the newly most-optimal way of using the Chronodisplacers takes several additional hours of waiting, multiple logins, and multiple chronodisplacers, all for saving maybe 5-10 minutes of buffs.

But, alternatively, you can optimize your buff and travel routes to get the highest uptime on the buffs, and that is the meta gameplay.

This all ignores the point of the chronodisplacers, however. And the point is that the chronodisplacer helps you hold buffs so you can play the game how you want, when you want, and pop the item just before the raids so you don’t need to raid log.

You are delving too deep into the weeds here, but I do think you make a worthwhile argument.

It could be the difference in having Songflower up by the time you make it to, I don’t know, Loatheb, or Patchwerk depending on your wing order, or any of the other buffs in similar scenarios.

Maximizing buff duration (irregardless of the time being saved) is totally a reasonable method of approach, I don’t see how you can’t seem to understand that.

And I’m sorry, it’s Blizzard’s job to design stuff so that it doesn’t have a stupid way of being used, not the players’ job to…not use things the way they mechanically can be used to optimize its use.

1 Like

I literally logged in and popped the displacer to preserve the buffs I raid logged for. I can now play and do other things on my warrior. It’s a win from me pal.

3 Likes

If you’ve ever made something for anybody else that is used by a lot of people, or even just a number of other people greater than 1 or 2, you’d know that it’s extremely difficult to make things that don’t get used in some stupid way.

None of the bosses need world buffs and even if you want to use them, you certainly don’t need them for a large # of them.

2 Likes

No it 1000% is not rofl. Where in the world did you get that idea?

If you want to inconvenience yourself by spending 3 hours and 30g to save 5 minutes of buff time so your dad guild can down Loatheb 10 seconds faster then go ahead I guess… but it’s certainly not Blizzard’s job to save you from your own stupidity

3 Likes

Yea, because that’s how its intended. Amazing how that works

Ok, so DON’T use it then.

2 Likes

I wish others understood as well as you and I. But alas…

Perfect description of every sweaty raid logger.

1 Like

OP is being the definition of a hyper passive-aggressive tryhard. What do you hope to gain by insulting everyone you respond to? It just makes everyone less sympathetic to your grievances .

4 Likes

Nice ad hominem but lacking in any reasonable argument.

Get all buffs as normal, store, done.
or
Get SF-Summ to DMT, Store, pop when a heart head combo goes out, store, done.
Its not hard

Your argument is inherently unreasonable so whatever, nobody needs to argue against it because it’s ridiculous to begin with. You’re saying Blizzard didn’t do enough of a job for you to not be sweaty.

1 Like