Sorry Blizz. No Deal (SL PvP Gearing)

Yes, Venruki is amazing. He’s incredibly brilliant and very handsome, and for that reason, I thank you for sharing this picture.

However, I don’t think Venruki, nor his one post, can represent the majority of community sentiment. I think there’s a ton of flaws with that…people could like and agree with the post because they like the poster, he could have advertised it to his community, etc. There are many ways to artifiicially increase the popularity of posts which would manipulate the interpreted community sentiment.

And I can confidently say the opposite.

Yeah but they abandoned some ideas in exchange for worse implemented ones though. So there are things to praise but there are also things that just leave with you scratching your head.

1 Like

but loved templates

Can you elaborate and give specifics?

you’re in luck I was just trolling through my old responses to shut up people about my apparent hate for wod gear.

No there was a thread with plenty of players giving their feedback and agreeing with him. If the sentiment was that Legion was great, everyone would’ve told him to shut up and eat his carrots. Instead what happened was Blizzard moved away from the Legion system entirely and tried to update it in BFA. Which again was not well received.

That’s fine. Like I said you’re entitled to your opinion. I provided my examples.

Oh hey! Yup! There it is!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-gearing-is-bad-and-not-fun-help/6562

brain fried from work right now, crunch time at the company all the way to dec 31st. But I’ll put a bookmark reminder to elaborate later today or tomorrow

1 Like

I’ve seen the thread. I still think it’s a jump in logic to derive an entire’s community sentiments on the game based on one thread. People are 9 times more likely to leave negative feedback. A large portion of WoW’s biggest critics are still playing the game.

Pilav actually made a really informative video, I think he nails it on the head. You should give it a watch.

That’s fine, I have to leave now as well, have a very important meeting :grimacing:

2 Likes

That face disturbs me.

Holy Hell Bloom hooked himself a couple of live ones in this thread. Keep casting lures - eventually the fish’ll bite. Reckon angling really is just a game of persistence and patience!

No one I played with loved templates. Everyone either hated them or just stopped playing all together. I am NOT speaking for everyone, just my friends and those I played with. The big issue with templates was the altered style of play when you entered a match. For specs that relied on haste in PvE, to step into arena really could throw you off.

Beyond that, this game is an RPG first. To make gear not matter takes away from the reward. The problem is we have been on two extremes as of late. When gear has mattered the last couple expansions, PvE has dominated and made gearing difficult for player who wanted to PvP only. Vice versa, while templates made for even playing field and potentially a more fair level of play, it also trivialized the rewards players got and made ALL gear from PvP mostly pointless.

There has to be a happy medium. Wrath, MoP, and WoD all did a good job at this. Gear mattered, but it wasn’t overly difficult to get as long as you played. If you were good and played each week, then you would have gear sufficiently good for w/e you wanted to achieve in PvP. Legion and BFA have destroyed that… Templates aren’t needed to fix that. Instead, make gearing through PvP manageable and make getting caught up (like in WoD) simple.

This would be a huge boon for PvP. If the system launches as it is now, a lot of friends I know will again quit. I really wish the PvP community was a bit more cohesive. It’s really sad what blizzard is doing to PvP. I just don’t get it.

5 Likes

Am i the only one that thinks they should bring back resilience gear? What about the players that aren’t interested in PvE content? I just want to do PvP , but feeling that in order to compete, im being forced to do PvE content. What was wrong with PvP during BC and WotLK ?

3 Likes

Maybe , Maybe not , would still like to see pvp gear viable in pve … I do both side of content and the only reason i see pvp having such problem with the gear path is that pure pver always complain when its possible to get good ilvl gear from pvp …

Should be able to get the best gear from both side and mix and match to optimize , that way the only advantage anyone can get in pvp is by having more choice in gear optimization …

So far no expansion ever tried that … and outside a few outraged pvers , i think the majority would be quite happy with something like this over one of the tested systems of the past .

Tho yea mop/wod was quite good for pvp gearing path , though not perfect .

Serious question, do you use the same gear in both PVE and PVP?

My stat priorities were always so different between PVE and PVP.

1 Like

Yea true that most classes don’t have the same one … damn sorry , i usually think about others too before typing something >.<

You are right , but sometimes the stats on a pvp piece are the perfect one for pve and vice versa did not mean it has only using 1 set of gear but more has both source having viable gear for the other side of content .

1 Like

Are the kids doing karate in the garage again?

3 Likes

I think it is a reasonable trade off for faster gearing in PVP though don’t you?

If PVP gear is boosted in PVP, it isn’t like you are running around naked in PVE.

If you PVE at all, you will be rewarded with gear that is better for PVE.

Gear separation is the key to PVP gear being fast to obtain a baseline honor set, while keeping everyone’s ilvl in check. This cannot happen if PVP gear is equally as effective in PVE.

2 Likes

Oh well maybe its egoist of me to want both gear to be equally good.

BFA pvp felt unrewarding compared to pve , that left a bad taste in my mouth . Would love a system that feels rewarding for doing both instead of splitting wow into 2-3 games . Something no expansion ever managed to do .

A gearing system that makes :

• Players still feel rewarded from doing content , feels bad to grind a second set with similar ilvl , doesn’t feel like upgrades at all

• Players feel comfortable stepping into the other side

• Players not forced into other content to stand a chance in said content

• Players have the advantage of choice for doing both pvp and pve

Oh well maybe in 5-10 expansion they will have a decent solution ! Till then ima just run whats needed :wink:

1 Like