Sorry Blizz. No Deal (SL PvP Gearing)

Blizzard. I don’t understand why it’s so damn hard to just do what you did in WoD. Obviously this is after watching Stoopz video on how PvP gearing is going to work in SL and if he’s right, then no deal. Link for said video down below for those who are curious.

Bad Change to PvP Gear and Honor Vendor in Shadowlands - How It Works

If the Devs mentality is that they need to keep the game moving forward but in reality they’re going backwards and even further hurting the game then I’m out. I played BFAs launch till the end of Uldir and if this is the way it’s going to launch, I’m not even going to preorder SL and be there for launch.

No more BS

No more excuses

Bring back the WoD system and stop trying to reinvent the wheel

81 Likes

You don’t like your new and improved land paddle replacement for your wheels?

17 Likes

I’m SHAKING with excitement.

2 Likes

the problem is that we didnt have mythic+ in wod to compete with so pvp gear competing with heroic raid gear was acceptable now everyone can be on mythic raid ilvl for little effort through M+ and pvp gear is left in the dust entirely

9 Likes

So should we wait until they come up with something before making noise about how it could be so much better?

It will be too late then. Make the noise while the work is in progress, not after it has been finished.

PvP stat/ilvl boost is the way forward here. This frees PVP gear from PVE progression.

9 Likes

No, you should exceptaccept the fact they proven they aren’t going to move from this core design, so instead of squabbling and wasting time should accept the reality we should try to focus our energy on at least making sure what they want can fit.

Edit: a word

Nah I’d rather unsub again. Haven’t preorder SL and if this is the direction they’re going to take with the game then I don’t want a part in it.

13 Likes

The solution is there, and has been there since WoD. Just make the PvE ilvl of the gear lower so it doesn’t harm PvE(It was an issue in WoD).

Blue honor comes from bgs, conquest comes from conquest and you can earn conquest EASILY from any PvP including losing skirmishers/bgs/wpvp/arenas/world quests, and no, don’t make conquest from bgs/skirmish/wpvp insanely low like it is in BFA. No rating requirements on any gear.

Now, you make the ilvls work this way:
Honor: 183 in PvE - > scales to 210 in PvP
Conquest: 200 in PvE - > scales to 220 in PvP
PvE gear above 220 - > scales down to 220 in PvP

12 Likes

That’s a good choice too (not trolling), I still haven’t bought the xpac because I want to see the final launch product.
No man sky was my last preorder and for good reason, I am not a super fan of fix it in post

2 Likes

If you are working for Blizzard on the dev team, why are you here on the forums talking about yourself in the third person?

If you aren’t on the dev team, then you might need to look up what a fact is.

Or can remove the rating requirements for conquest, remove renown lvl requirements on honor and reduce overall pricing to be a bit more in line with MoP honor vendors.

This way you are roughly the same strength you basically everywhere.

btw fixed a word should have been accept not expect wait now nvm im just fried today

look up what logical conclusion is.

Now apply this to blizzard didn’t want to pull the “ripcord” on covs, even though they said if they couldn’t make it work they would pull it.
Well they doubled down and they always doubled down

I am not squabbling, nor do I feel I am wasting my time.

The honor gear and PVP gear in general is important to me, and I want it to be the best it can be.

I want them to aim for the SL gearing system to be the best it has ever been in the game‘s history. Not try to make it slightly better than what is generally considered the worst PVP gearing system in the game’s history.

Separating the gear is the clearest path to this as I see it. PVP gear will always be worse and slower to get than PVE gear, if they are equivalent. Always.

1 Like

I wanted wod gear back so bad, you can go look through that post and will see plenty more of me just talking wod gear.
Hell most of my posts pre development was advocating for wod gear

I still feel that way, but I am a devil’s advocate and it causes a lot of friction because with advocacy people think I am some how in full support or something.

I just learned long ago you have to work in the system you get, not the system you want.
Not to say you shouldn’t fight it, but sometimes you just have to learn it’s not always about pressing your stance, sometimes it’s about knowing how to at least salvage what you can.

If I get some blue post saying these are the things that are off the table re:PVP gear for SL, then I will provide suggestions to match.

Until then, I am doing all I can to advocate for the best PVP gearing system.

That’s fine, but don’t think one one side.

As someone who has done feedback for things I found the engineers listened more if someone first gave their critique on what they proposed and make suggestions on this and that, but then follow up with what they want specifically the communication flows a lot easier.

Here is something in the corporate world people forget these dudes have egos, especially the ones that are the driving force on a project.
Have to pet those egos a bit to get what you want, if you dont they aren’t going to listen

It sucks because I was having fun in the pre-patch, and it seemed like pvp gearing might be headed in the right direction, but based on the latest information the whole gearing system seems overly complicated, convoluted but worse of all, completely irrelevant compared to just doing PVE content. That’s exactly what I didn’t want coming out of BFA, and it doesn’t sound fun doing that again.

3 Likes

I am a software engineer and designer myself. I understand that there are real people just like me, who are trying to do their best work. And I have also been the lead developer for a popular mobile app, with all sorts of wonderful criticisms thrown at me.

I don’t doubt there are many Blizzard devs who feel exactly the same way we players do about this issue. Adding to the voices crying out for a better game can only help in my opinion. Obviously, Provided it is not inflammatory, and is constructive.

3 Likes