Soomweaving is so back man!

That’s your opinion, but in all honesty the spec in my opinion has never felt better or more fluid to play.

2 Likes

Same. It feels great to play and is super bursty/strong. I cant wait for harder content to open up. Healing as MW is going to be a blast in TWW.

1 Like

Friend i just linked a build that does absurd hps. Like literally the strongest hps build a MW can play. Its weak point is dps.

You have unlimited hps potential, and you dont even have to worry about mana as you practically have infinite in keys

Now MWs too can become the emperor and force lightning everyone into oblivion

Love it

3 Likes

That’s literally the exact same build as it’s always been…

For mythic plus? I highly doubt it

1 Like

yeah, this is nothing new. Just no essence font and some stuff went passive.

Well its not new,it has been since season 1 DF. But people tend to play fls build and cry about hps after

In 0.5 patch the difference in healing soomweaving vs fls becomes even bigger

You post this a lot. In raid, not a big deal.

But in M+, healers need to do damage, it’s required to push high keys.

“I didn’t play healer to dps.” That’s fine, and if you’re fine with not doing keys/not doing higher keys, that’s also completely fine.

But if you’re intent on pushing high keys, but don’t want to dps because “I didn’t roll healer to dps,” you’re actively making your group worse.

It’s like even a worse mindset for monk healers as they bring zero mandatory utility. Like imagine bringing a mistweaver who refuses to dps over a healer that brings utility AND is willing to dps like they should.

I don’t even understand this mindset. So when no healing is required, you just prefer to what? Stand there lol?

2 Likes

I was doing +20’s like they were nothing in season 3 DF. M+ is easy. If you require the healer to dps then your actual dps is trash. In my guild group we literally just sit back and barely try, we are half drunk talking on discord about everything but the dungeon and still time 20’s. I have timed 20’s with it being my first time in the dungeon… M+ is a joke, easy free mythic gear.

I want to play a dps that heals to dps. We will start with your favorite dps spec and completly change it to fit this agenda.

20’s is not considered “pushing high keys.”

Clearly starting to get emotional so as to defend the not wanting to dps thing here. Go watch actual footage of key pushes where they’re getting timed by a few seconds. A total of zero of those thousands of groups had some lazy healer only wanting to heal.

If you’re only doing mid keys, obviously. What was the point of this response.

I would wager as many healers don’t want to stand around and do nothing, as those that did.

As to your last point, that’s not equivocal. When there’s nothing to heal, you should be helping with damage. There’s always something to dps in combat, unless there’s some “immune” intermission.

You literally have the mindset of a dps who would argue “I don’t need to interrupt/CC/pop defensives because I rolled a dps to DEAL DAMAGE ONLY!!!.”

7 Likes

I stop at +20 because that’s where the rewards stop.

Anyone who thinks there is lots of time to just stand around and not heal has never actually healed before.

99% of players are not try hard e sports players so why would this be the default play style? Just copy and paste the rank 1 players talents and try to be just like them… you’re not. You never will be.

M+ is def free easy mythic gear. The amount of people clearing 20’s (or 10’s now) is way higher than people clearing mythic raid. M+ takes way less skill. I do 1 m+ a week in 30 mins and get guaranteed mythic loot.

M+ has been getting easier and easier with each expansion as well. So easy.

But I don’t have to worry about any of this elitist bull anyways because I log in every week on the same day, same time. I say nothing. My guild invites me to group and we slam out a key in 30 mins and I log out. Easiest mythic loot I ever got. Most these people pushing keys couldn’t even step foot into a mythic raid.

The biggest problem I have with this whole healer damage thing is when they change the whole spec around healers doing damage… Like they did with disc priest. Like they did with H paladin. Like they are doubling down on monks right now. Kick to heal, it’s dumb. It’s not fun. You can play however you want. It does not matter to me at all until they start deleting things like essence font to accommodate fistweaving.

They deleted Essence font because it wasn’t engaging or fun, there was no skill ceiling to it was just blah.

2 Likes

Then you making the statement “M+ is easy/your dps is garbage if you needs your healers help” is certainly a take.

This is obviously true if healers that don’t heal through dps, help to dps. Otherwise, what are you doing in those windows? Over healing.

That’s fine, absolutely play your way. But don’t expect your opinions in discourse to hold weight if you’re just going to lob random takes out with zero backing.

Again, we’re not, nor were ever talking about 20’s. We’re talking about title pushes, which are challenging.

M+ is the one form of content in the game that is as difficult as the level of your key. Raid scaling stops at mythic, keys stop at your inability to time your cap. “So easy” is again hilarious coming from someone who literally admitted they stop at a point when they’re easy.

This argument is like saying “I cleared raid finder, the raids are so easy.”

This is valid as it’s completely preferential and I have no argument. But it is the nature of the game. Classes have gained and lost things over the last 20 years that have pleased and pissed off players alike.

1 Like

it’s “easy” because back in the day you know who was walking around in mythic gear? The 1% or less that could clear mythic. You know who is walking around in mythic gear now? Everyone.

The argument is more like saying “I cleared raid finder and got mythic loot, I’m an awesome player, everyone should play like me, it’s the only way”

We’re not not we’re we ever talking about M+ gear, we’re talking about title pushing.

I never once argued that the gear wasn’t easy to get. No one pushing the highest of keys is doing so for the gear.

1 Like

Ok, see, this right here tells me you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

EF was integral for FW to function in Raids and actually could be used in M+ if you really wanted to. It was for the strong instant heal as well as the HoT with Rising Mist with Crit/Vers gear. TFT → Upwelling → EF. It actually performed well, especially after the S3 buffs TP, BoK and FLS got.
Losing EF meant that Raid FW would have potentially been impossible, but fortunately it may still be possible now in a niche way. I’ll find out on Tuesday afternoon.

2 Likes

don’t tell the people on this forum essence font was a useful good spell because everytime I say this people respond with things like “you actually have that on your bars?” “there is no reason to ever push that button” “I’m glad it’s gone, it was useless”

I loved essence font and got great use out of it and I was hoping monks would shout from the mountain tops that removing it was a terrible decision, but it seems I’m in the minority.

essence font , espeecially in season 1 dragonflight was very useful. they could have worked more on it and make it better or more viable but alas they removed it.
cant say i miss it much because i dont like chiji and yulon doesnt need essence font as much as chiji does

At first I was skeptical, but now it may not matter much. I’ll update in 12 hours.

They actually did a decent job shifting the power from EF to the core kit so this may not be a concern.

1 Like