Sometimes You Just Gotta Carry the Team

Had a fun AB earlier doing some Prot PvP and had to solo a few bases cap and eventually had the entire Horde after me with one goal. To vanquish my life. However on this day their efforts were futile and the power of the Shield protected me in this hectic battle.

Nothing like doing 21mil dmg and 16 mil healing while pretty much soloing the other team and being 2nd in KBs even though I was vastly outnumbered at all times.

For the Alliance!!
fighting The Good Fight!

https://imgur.com/a/YvG40xb

3 Likes

It actually exposes the problem with pvp.

1 Like

Would that be the problem of not enough KB’s? I agree that Dps need their healing gutted so we have better PvP like the glory days of TBC/Wrath. PvP is supposed to be fast paced and fun globaling in BGs.

BFA PvP is so sad.

1 Like

It’s the best we’ve had since WoD but I agree that scaling is a problem and players don’t get globaled enough. Think we need more players over 30 or 40 KBs.

This is the most I have PvPed since WoD and the first time I actively been doing 2’s, 3’s and RBGs. Maybe you should try it? Do yo play at all?

I get that you probably outgear all of them. Also, you seem to complain that other classes aren’t tuned properly.

How is your spec not OP then? The only thing I’ve seen you mention that hurts you is a geared lock free casting 1 sec chaos bolts. You said casters otherwise do no damage.

What can kill you then? You say you’re the counter class to casters, what’s a counter to you?

Many classes.

I dont find any classes difficult to down unless they either are Monk or Druid healers or full Mythic geared. It seems the PVP success starts in PVE. The difference in a fully geared PVP player and fully geared mythic player is quite staggering once the battle begins.

https://imgur.com/a/p7o67PZ I mean u can always just be a spriest and melt the whole enemy team while also being a healer.

First of all every spec should feel OP capable of 20-30 KBs. If they can’t that is a design problem. Keep in mind there is nothing wrong with being OP what is wrong is when things are broken and need fixes/design changes.

Actually I counter Lock one of the hardest of any spec but that doesn’t fix their broken design, tool kit and tankiness that is ruining PvP. It’s okay to want to fix broken Destro so PvP feels better.

Bleed specs and players using CoD. That should be obvious since bleeds are the only thing Prot Pal can’t block. So it’s the only thing unmitigated by Prots biggest reduction. So I have had to make specific sets to handle that differently for counter play in Arena/RBGs. Also DK cause of Necro is a tough combo with melee to fight.

So in PvP I much rather fight casters or specs that attack fast due to Holy Shield.

Yes Spriest seem really fun and play with a few especially when they get 70% crit.

Im not sure if you are attempting to brag or point out substantial class balance that needs addressed?
If you are bragging about being a prot pally and surviving in pvp you need some serious help.
If you are pointing out that tanks are a problem… maybe.
I have soloed a few tanks as Arms and never have a problem with them when playing fury…
Ill keep my eye out for you in the bgs.

4 Likes

Yes we really need to remove healing from DPS so PvP has class roles again and is fast paced fun. TBC/Wrath gave us the best PvP of all time for a great reason.

We also need to make Clothies actually be Clothies again and squishy. It’s really okay if we have “squishy” specs that is good design. Classes with high mobility and damage should be deleted when attacked.

Unfortunately these class role issues won’t be fixed in SL as the homogenization of class design continues to ruin PvP as well as failed systems like Scaling.

Was stating that sometimes you gotta carry your team on your back to victory and was fighting The Good Fight.

Look forward to it but I won’t remember your name and you will receive a banner in your back regardless.

100% support this

and this

I will assume the post was good hearted then … as for this last part … good luck.

1 Like

I like posting screenshots of big numbers too!

https://i.imgur.com/GN7afSE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/96fR2E0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YESGQgL.jpg

Abom how does pal compare to war so far, seems like you’re having fun

As someone who came into 8.3 late, I’m not really worrying about getting corruptions and I can’t wait to see how the game balances then.

I do love the irony of him saying that the game needs to remove healing from dps so that people can die. Also we need more one shots. Then proceeds to play the tankiest highest healing dps out there.

It’s almost as if people don’t want to be one shot? Might enjoy some counterplay and not dying instantly? Lol :joy:

3 Likes

Op I don’t know if you realize this but 90% of the people that post in this forum cry because they perceive the game is unfair due to people who put time into gearing their characters.

1 Like

You came across a bad horde team … one player can’t be at 5 nodes at once

You mean to Prot war? I had to re-roll for a reason. Prot War is dead forever until the Devs understand class design. Well in TBC I’ll play Prot War again but it’s super sad that D stance was removed from them in Retail. It’s like really? Just abysmal design and no dispel anymore.

Prot Pal has so many options for counter play, talents and gear. It is fun. It’s fun to Que into comps and have choices.

SL will be more broken than BFA, just saying.

They were pretty good and had good coverage. Each assault was beating a 1vs2 and the 3rd that showed up almost stopped me.

The issues were that they became obsessed with killing me so I would pull 5 away from a fight allowing my team to get a few caps. Then had a feral/rogue follow me to the next base and I killed them both on the road so they died for nothing.

That’s what I said bad team … chasing a tank around 5 nodes is stupid .