Sometimes You Just Gotta Carry the Team

This game is about Gear. It’s why we play an RPG game. The reason why I pick PvP in this game(RPGs) is because I want to get awesome gear and theorycraft a build that is OP. Then dominate some PvP with that Gear/Build. That is fun.

There is a BG thread on why we do BGs and I covered that perfectly. You see BGs aren’t supposed to be fair or competitive. So people that are looking for that won’t find it. Casual BGs are random teams, random experience players, random gear on random maps against the other faction with the same conditions. It’s not fair and it isn’t supposed to be… It’s just supposed to be good PvP stomping casual fun.

1 Like

my build is triple unstable flame which kinda acts like chorus. triple ghosts. triple throes. So no ramp up AT ALL compared to alot of spriests all instant. And triple pvp nerfed unstable is still 750 crit. 5 crit amps 4 haste . and a 475 conch + bote. 65% crit base 45 % haste base. in team fight after i haste sap ill be around 95-105 crit and 150% haste. The ultimate nightmare

1 Like

Been doing well on my Prot Pally, no cloak no essences, ilvl 432. Having a good time with it.

1 Like

No it was a good team as I said and made good team decisions but I baited a few of their players 1 by 1 with bannering them and Tbags so they got heated and lost their cool. They took it personal which is what I wanted and thus I removed them from the team factor.

Sometimes PvP is a mind game and tricking some players on good teams to make mistakes. Eventually they did and thus why we won.

Even in this thread we have had people say they will look for me in BGs. They see my name and get tunnel vision and want in on killing The Abomb. I taunt them and get them to forget the objective. That is just part of tactics.

“If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, then your tactics suck”

2 Likes

I will look for you too in BG’s :wink:

I say congratulations to you. Don’t worry about the toxic community that needs to nit pick every post someone makes.

You did awesome !

For the Alliance !

3 Likes

It’s only really on this particular forum where this strange/bizarre argument of “gear doesn’t matter at all” even comes up :woozy_face:

Inside the game, and even on other parts of the forum, the average player understands that higher level gear = better (a fairly self-explanatory concept).

Players certainly have a negative reaction to seeing very undergeared players on their team in a bg, I see them get called out all the time.

1 Like

If only I could solo heal people through retardation. I’ve had games with 40 mil healing and we still lose.

1 Like

Wow, a screenshot of your team camping another team in their GY. Wasn’t sure things could get lamer than Abom.

The funniest carries I do all the time though is I run up into one of the alliance bunkers in AV and chuck people out windows and heal the npcs. I’ve had matches where I retook the same tower 3 times or held the horde off for over 10 minutes by myself.

I did this back in Vanilla too, but back then you didn’t have the knockback spells you do now so it was just mind control out the window. It’s funny when they come back and are scared to come out on the ledges because they know what’s coming. lol

2 Likes

We found the one getting camped :}

1 Like

Losing team healers often (if they are geared) have more healing done for somewhat obvious reasons. :wink:

Incorrect, they were obviously zerging and over committing by looking at their HKs relative to your team’s. I’m envisioning a lot of them 6vx at nodes that they win and take and then they all immediately zerg off somewhere else and it gets taken back.

<3

4 Likes

Yea you weren’t there so you envisioning is what is inaccurate.

Part of the game where GY stomps till they leave happens. It builds character

Yep, no amount of pro healing can heal retarded play. Well said. Had a team just fight the whole time right outside of start in SSM. My prot pally the only toon on a cart. It was mind numbing. But that’s Alliance for ya. Horde are professionals against amateurs in most matches.

Ion said in legion they were very happy with random BG participation figures.

Since then queue times have gotten worse, /afk leavers have gotten worse, backfilling is worse and every map they’ve added or changed has been worse.

Anecdotally you often see the same names in BGs multiple games in a row, much much more than you did in legion.

People were queuing in legion because battlegrounds were fun, people are begrudgingly queuing in BFA for the rewards.

Dude, they had people with over 60 HKs and no on your team that is visible had over 20 HKs. There are a few ways that can happen and still lose in AB.

They farmed your team somewhere ignoring objectives, they zerged from node to node not leaving defenders and/or overcommitted to fights trying to take a node but failed due to respawn.

[/quote]

SL will be more broken than BFA, just saying.

[/quote]

How’s prot paladin looking in SL? The way you describe it does sound like a fun build to play around with and paladin is one of the classes I’ve never played (don’t have a monk or shaman either).

The flags do piss people off in random bgs. I’m sure you’ve had them /w you on a level 1 at some point. I macro all three flags that I have plus the firework so if I press my button four times, it’s does all of them one after the other:

Lion’s Pride Firework, The Flag of Ownership, Warlord’s Flag of Victory, and Alliance Flag of Victory.

There’s a 4th flag I’ve seen that must have come out in legion or BFA (when I didn’t play), that I wish I had also.

Yeah, it’s over the top, but as you mentioned, it causes people to play badly. They’ll just beeline for me at times ignoring everyone else. You’ll have 5 guys stop to kill you on the way to defending a node.

(Note, I’m doing this in party synch for now but this has always been the case even when I played at max level).

I enjoy the occasional GY farm, because I’ve been at the receiving end and it feels like payback. I usually try to convince my team to stop rezzing so the opponents will just end the game. If a team can’t be smart enough to stop getting farmed by continuing to give hk’s, they kinda deserve it.

I haven’t been following SL reports, but I hop shadow priest is good in SL. I’ll actually get to play max level bg’s again with gear since I’ll be starting off fresh.

1 Like

Fun story the other day in WSG I picked up the flag as Prot but that is always a questionable move in randoms. I have 12 stacks latter and no one is on Offense. I said guys if you can’t go on O then there isn’t a reason for me to hold this thing. I dropped it used divine shield got out of there and said don’t worry I’ll return flags.

They went up 1-0 cause I had to drop the flag and a few ppl were pissed but I said really? You aren’t doing anything to win…so I’ll fix that. So a DPS picked up the flag and I was the only one on Offense (go figure right) Anyways I globaled the Bear tank EFC but he had a healer and hunter with him and cross CC couldn’t return it. Finally got 1 other Dps to come in we both killed the EFC and we capped.

Rest of the game I was on Offense and had 3 Flag returns. Sometimes you just gotta do things differently when you see your team not doing any roles in randoms.

After all was said and done the monk that went ape saying I threw the game when I dropped and I should leave. I told him, I had no intention on losing but it was obvious we had no Offense. Just cause I’m Prot doesn’t mean I got to hold onto the flag for ya if what we really need is an EFC team. It’s all about getting the win, you got to adapt and read the situation.

It’s looking good but it’s very strong in PvE so not sure if they will nerf it some. Adding in holy power could be a positive or negative depending on how well the generation is. The issue is in the first talent tier Holy Shield is mandatory so the HP generators can’t be chosen.

However I am excited about Prot’s burst potential in SL and there are some good utility conduits like 60% fear reduction for allies at rank 15. There are also some really fun Legendaries.

1 Like