Something Went Wrong (Fixed)

Updated up until now with no issue. Now suddenly I get “Something went wrong with a file. We’re not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code befow for more information. Sorry about that!”

With the code being: Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000840

The game is NOT running background, and it was updating just fine UNTIL todays update…

(EDIT)

Fixed this by opening task manager, looking for anything :world of warcraft" related and found that “World of Warcraft Voice Proxy” was running. Ended this task and it updated just fine. Not entirely sure WHY this would be running still, but that seemed to solve the problem for anyone having a similar issue.

8 Likes

Thank you for this. I was playing from 2:30-5:10PM then logged off. Logged back in to having this issue. Went into task manager and saw Voice Proxy running. Works just fine now

Yeha apparently even though its a process separate and aside from Wow.exe, it still houses the version information. But, glad we figured it out! :smiley:

I figured out the voice proxy a long time ago. I just assumed others knew too.

What I get for assuming. :confused:

1 Like

thank the gods…

THANK YOU

THIS WORKED

Yeah, the WoW Voice Proxy seems to be the culprit every time this happens. Just had to open the Task Manager myself and close it out. It’d be nice to not have to deal with that though, as easy of a fix as it may be.

Thank you soooo much!!

Thanks so much for this, was about to try the final troubleshoot option of reinstalling the game, wasn’t looking forward to that.

You are my Hero.
Amazing and you are not even a blizzard employee…maybe that’s why it worked…

thank you so much for the solution, worked for me, saved me a lot of time :heart:

Thank you for the voice proxy solution. This was pissing me off already, you would expect better from Indie companies… wait…

Just bookmarked this thread because I always forget how to fix this when it happens to me. What I’m wondering is if there is a way to disable the voice proxy if you don’t actually use the vp

Fun story, I had sent in my resumé when I still ived in California, I didnt hear back for quite some time, but then about a month or two after I had moved out of the state, I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview. xD

Although with the current state of things, I don’t think I would have enjoyed working there =/

Thanks this helped a lot… i racked my brain trying to troubleshoot all options… something running in the background didn’t even cross my mind lol

Thank you very much for this post! I did just that and it started to update like normal, but sadly before I looked at your post I followed Blizz instructions and uninstalled the game /facepalm!!!