Something somewhere is broken

Was in a dungeon when I noticed I can no longer target the next mob if my mouse pointer is hovering over a power (doesn’t matter what power it is, it’s the same for anything). If I move the pointer off the cast bars, THEN I’m able to target a million mobs, going from one to another like normal. If I place the pointer back on any power, I can no longer target anything.

Another odd thing I discovered-- I opened the game menu and clicked on “Key Bindings”. While I had the window up, a friend messaged me, and I when I tried to hit ‘enter’ to reply, it didn’t work. I had to manually click on their name to open the chat in order to reply to them. Once I closed the window, the enter key once again acted normal, automatically opening the chat bar.

2 Likes

I would start with this, and see how things turn out. If this doesn’t fix it, come back and let us know.

I did all of that, and still, if I’m in front of a group of mobs, the tab key freely goes from one to another just fine. However the moment I hover over a power, it’s stuck to that 1 individual and refuses to move to another. Edit: all of my addons are now gone as well. No idea how to get them back now.

1 Like

Are you able to tab target mobs?

I used to be able to, but I can’t anymore if my mouse is sitting on a power I’m about to click on next. If I’m in a dungeon, in order to target the next mob (say for example to put a dot on it), I have to move my mouse off of the action bar, target the next mob I want to apply the dot to, then move the mouse back to click the dot. It won’t work any other way. I’ve not only reset my entire UI, I’ve disabled every addon I have, and still it’s doing this. Edit: it would be nice if I could get some confirmation as to whether or not this is a bug, instead of me going thru all of this.

1 Like

The Blue’s, aka Support Forum Agents aren’t required to post. This forum is a Player-to-Player Help Station.

What kind of mouse & keyboard do you have?
Are all your drivers up to date?
Have you tried restarting your computer?
Have you tried a Scan and Repair, via the cogwheel next to the Play button?

This problem started when the prepatch came. Before that, everything was working fine.

It’s a Razer Naga mouse
Yes
Yes
Yes
Still the problem persists. I have no idea how to fix it, what’s broke, or what to do.

Edit: Just switched to my druid, and am at the training dummies. While my mouse isn’t on anything, I click the tab and instantly it targets the training dummy. I hit starfall. Without moving my mouse, I try to switch to a different training dummy while hovering over starfall, and it refuses to target it.

1 Like

File a bug report.

It sounds similar to the issue described here -

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mouse-scroll-wheel-issues-since-901/682975/5?u=zungar-silver-hand

2 Likes

This problem is 17 days old. Many posts about it. CS has even experienced it themselves. 9.0 patch notes came out 4 days after problem started. You’ll notice at the bottom UI section about “changes” of how curser works over icons. CS is very well aware of the issue and cant say anything. Save your time with the UI reset instructions. It’s on Blizzards end and they know it. What they wont do is acknowledge if this is a intended result of the change or a bug. This isnt the earlier addon caused issue. CS Tech Gamemaster advise= report bug ingame, post in Ui macro guide section and keep reading the forums and there is nothing more CS can do

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/how-a-dev-choice-alienated-my-disability/688637

1 Like

i have the exact problem too

2 Likes

Ok, Nsk over in general chat finally.gave me a solution/work around that works for every mouse. I am currently wheel scrolling target next enemy while curser is over UI. It was suggested to try the app “x-mouse control”. I happen to use change wheel up to control X and wheel down to control C (copy/paste keys basically) then ingame setting the keybinds as such. It works and it 1st time since pre-launch that targetting feels normal. Best of luck to you. Thank You Nsk!!!