Someone just paid 360k for gressil

Can we do something about the RMT in this game blizz? We would all love it if the game regained a little integrity and you did the right thing.

Thanks,
concerned Azerothian

8 Likes

Get a job.

1 Like

good for everyone in the raid.
What needs to be changed?

Do you know what RMT stands for? It’s Real Money Trading, which trades actual MONEY for virtual currency. That’s not what happened here. They traded their real gold for in-game gold or an item. You can assume that they bought the gold from a third party website, but there’s also a chance that they got the gold themselves. Find something else important to complain about.

3 Likes

So glad i got my atiesh and tier 3 through loot council.

2 Likes

(deleted by user)

1 Like

What did you expect from a server that never ends?

1 Like

Sure.

As of this days date September 4th 2023; 360K gold translates to $2376.00 USD. That is actually less expensive than the guy Styles and I met 5 or 6 months back who spent 125K gold, but the price back then per thou was way higher higher and we had very few detectable bots at that time.

Totally legit gold farming

2 Likes

What’s the gold cap in Era these days? Didn’t the item from Naxx need two accounts to handle?
(EDIT: Found it, the gold cap is apparently 214k)

I do get a kick out of the folks implying that 360k gold was obtained legitimately haha. You can do all the mental gynmastics you like, the bottom line is that you don’t get that much money in Vanilla WoW from legimtiate sources.

At the end of the day though, while I dispise these practices and the fact that players have effectively monetized WoW into a pay to win game, Blizzard appears to be doing nothing substantial to stop it. Honestly, it would make all our lives easier if they just came out and said “We support gold buying as a practice in our game, as well as the botting that supports it.” Then we (myself included) could all move on with our lives and stop pretending Blizzard cares.

1 Like

Please know that when I say “totally legit” I’m being very sarcastic.

2 Likes

That wasn’t a reply to you, just a general reply :slight_smile: I knew you were being sarcastic, that wasn’t directed at you.

I would so buy gold if I knew my account wasn’t in danger. =)

yeah, blizzard come out and say “you’re ok with it”. =)

1 Like

how big was your cut?

1 Like

Depends what you consider legitimate. Gdkp payouts can be anywhere from 5k- 30k in a week of AQ/Naxx/Bwl.

With thay being said, unless the person ran multiple gdkps a week on multiple characters for months and months or was getting a host cut. It’s unlikely it was legitimate.

Ah you look like a banana.

Respect.

You made a name for yourself, you contributed and you earned it the RIGHT WAY.

I’m proud of you.

2 Likes

I have found AE guy to be very civilised and driven, I rather like him now.

I’m not a bad guy once you get to know me… Unless You’re a horde player /bot then I am probably your worst nightmare :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

2 Likes

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne!