#SomeChanges Increase Naxxramas Gold Drops

With botting and gold buying absolutely out of control prices are a bit ridiculous on a lot of realms right now. Many guilds won’t be able to afford to raid Naxxramas for much longer.

Suggestion: Increase Naxxramas gold drops from 3g per player per boss to 50g per player per boss. Guilds making progress in the instance will at least be able to recoup some of the costs. Puts more gold in the hands of people raiding.

1 Like

What is there to afford? Just do it without consumes.

Geezus.

7 Likes

The mechanic of Loatheb is literally to drink greater shadow prot pots.

Good luck killing Patchwerk or Sapphiron without healers using mana potions and dark runes.

2 Likes

Change the way you raid. Change your raid class comp. Figure things out. Frankly, I’d love to see guilds burn out on gold because then they’d need to actually think for once. I mean, we already did all the hard work for you guys. Surely, people can look away from that spreadsheet once right?

Loatheb is completely doable without consumes. In fact all of Naxx is, especially by your Classic guilds standards. Your average guild is probably more geared going into Naxx than many progression guilds in Vanilla. We flasked becase we had to make up that gear check gap. In Classic, things are gated so every guild was blessed with time to “gear up”.

5 Likes

This is a very dumb statement.

A 95th percentile Loatheb kill with world buffs is 3m22s.

If you don’t use consumables on Loatheb for dps you’re going to increase the fight length a lot. You’re not going to live past 3.5 minutes on Loatheb without shadow prot potions.

A 95th percentile kill on Loatheb without world buffs is 4m06s.

Changing your raid class comp in this case would mean recruiting 20 more warriors, not feasible for most guilds.

4 Likes

Ok. The length of the fight increases. So how will you adjust? Or do you just want to wait it out until everyone in your raid gets geared enough. That’s just as valid an option.

Dumb? No. Different? Yes. Different is good.

3 Likes

You adjust by drinking shadow protection potions.

The fight has a 5 minute soft enrage you can’t add healers to beat it.

This content is 16 years old and very well known.

This wouldn’t be a problem if you could just go farm consumables but legions of bots fly hacking around pick clean every node on Grobbulus. You can run around plaguelands for 2 hours without seeing a node.

1 Like

Of course it is. Up to a point where it’s a flow chart. The problem with that is when a cog in the wheel is broken, the flow chart doesn’t work anymore. Thus, you need to figure it out on your own.

So no, you don’t adjust by trying to fix what’s in the flow chart. Forget about the flow chart. Figure it out.

It might be outside the box for a lot of Classic players since things were just spoon fed to them from day one, but it’s 100% absolutely doable, even if it goes against the “meta”.

But i do hope more guilds stop relying so much on buffs, they don’t need. And just figure things out on their own.

2 Likes

2m 30 sec Lotheb kill; we just used 1 shadow prot potion (prepotted).

:wink:

Contribute a strategy or a log to prove your point. Otherwise you are just shaking your fist at the kids on your lawn.

Now why would I want to do that? It’d be nice for people to think for once in Classic.

I’ll choose to shake my fist instead.

Edit: Log?!

Edit: nvm, you’re talking about that online number parser thingy. Yeah that’s part of the problem and why people don’t think either. It’s all about numbers.

2 Likes

The world 3rd fastest kill, using a bunch of warriors many of which have rank 14 weapons and full world buffs including darkmoon faire, might not be the typical guild’s experience.

4 Likes

OP is another failure looking for free handouts and an easier game which has already been neutered to the ground. Go play Fortnite bro.

3 Likes

Killing a Naxx boss isn’t exactly a free handout.

It is if people successfully cry on the internet to make the boss easier.

2 Likes

Lightwell.
SoR
You know, those class abilities that everyone forgot about.

He never asked to make the boss easier.

I don’t know if increasing raw gold drops is really the solution, but something should be done about the classic economy. Increased sever populations just straight up means there’s a half or a third as many plaguebloom per player on any given server. Don’t see how you could consider that “authentic” to the resource’s scarcity in Vanilla.

It’s getting prohibitively expensive to raid without considerable investment made prior in consumables or a lot of time spent farming outside of raid. Pick your poison.

If a bunch of guilds quit raiding Naxx, then demand for consumables will drop and so will prices.

stop. just stop.

1 Like

This guy is an idiot who’s never been in naxx and doesn’t understand that there are heavy consumable requirements, and some fights they are absolutely required like GSPP on loatheb. You can’t change your comp or strategy around it. The strategy is to use consumes.

Oh and good luck doing patchwerk without mana pots and greater stoneshields. Good luck doing sapphiron without mana pots.

Lol. Some of these guys like broken robots who just want to spout their moronic lines and just end up showing their ignorance.

2 Likes