Somebody Feed Kevin (BUGGED)

I found that I only got credit for Mawsworn Challengers. I had luck around 33, 68

July 12, 2021 Hotfix:
Kevin will now provide credit after eating enemies if he lands the killing blow for “Somebody Feed Kevin.”

Just how does this fix the problem of it being an awful quest? I’m reading the hotfix note and all I see is “the degenerative game play encouraged by this quest is not our problem”.

Am I just misunderstanding a poorly-worded hotfix note?

The real kicker: we have another whole cycle of Assaults to go through before this one pops up again and we can see what the fix actually did to resolve all the issues!

1 Like

Honestly, I did this today and these quest that should be quick we’re so bugged I couldn’t finish it for almost 2 hours. Seriously this patch has been in the works for so long, there is even a damn PTR. This game is frustrating and so is the dev team

Good lord, why is it so hard for this dev team to just implement, “If you tag it, it counts for quest credit” on this quest? No room for griefing, no nonsense of “the pet you rely on for half your dps killed it, so it doesn’t count”, just “tag it and Kevin eats it, the end.”

1 Like

A bit of the same, after killing 2 dozen I found that if I auto attacked first, just right click the mob and walk up to it I would get credit 50% of the time.

As an update now that the Necrolord Assault is active again post-hotfix: Everything about the quest appears to be fixed. I killed elite and non-elite mobs alike, took the killing blow or had Kevin do it, and attacked someone else’s mob. I received credit every time.

So it really was just poor wording with the hotfix note.

2 Likes