Some WoD Crafted Armor Sets and Weapons Unobtainable in Shadowlands

It not the first time Blizz removed items. I don’t see the big huff about this?

All of his drops were added to the BMAH recently. And besides, the vast majority of his drops share looks with normal/heroic SoO loot.

What about the achievements, and the drops from the other mobs on that plateau?

The achievement to kill him was made a FoS. And you can get up there with an albatross.

Ah okay, that’s pretty cool. So how does it work? It just kicks you out when you approach Ordos or something?

You can’t enter the main part of the sactuary (it teleports you out), but IIRC you can run around the side to where the chest is.

Also back on topic, do you think we could also get access to the missing parts of the blue-quality armor sets made with Draenor crafting while you’re at it?

Thanks for the clarity Kaivax. Good to know I’ll be able to get the appearances still in the future.

so things that have been out for years… and because of a side effect people are loosing their minds because they cant get something that has been old news and obtainable for years, and now they cant…

Sounds like bad time management to me…

Thanks for the update. It would have been bad to remove these permanently with such little notice it was going to happen for real.

I wouldn’t have known about them until now if I hadn’t just happened to start tailoring in BfA with the goal of collecting all the tailoring transmogs (of which the WoD ones are among them). It’s totally understandable if some folks haven’t heard of them till now.

4 Likes

Can we get some insight on how they’ll be reintroduced? Some of us put a ton of work into our garrisons and professions to craft this stuff, it feels really bad just having that all taken away with little warning and zero compensation. Personally I’m going to have thousands and thousands of now-useless crafting mats on a dozen characters because of this change…

1 Like

The article on the WoW site has a blue post that states “its is a side effect of SL and that they will reintroduce all of the transmogs in a future patch. The will only be unobtainable temporarily.” So no need to get your knickers in a bunch.

no warning is the big huff

Yes… When Azeroth freezes over

I have all the WoD professions. I even made the rank 1s, just to get the xmog.

I assumed that all ranks shared the same appearance.

Oops.

Oh well.

1 Like

So when is this future patch to get back what we have earned already? Will we have to pay to get it back(activision ideology). Maybe have some quality control testing or did they all get laid off?

1 Like

Unnecessary and ruuudee

Uh… Beau, when the OP made the thread, Kaivax had not yet responded to the thread. That response is 47 posts deep. OP could not predict the Blue response to his own thread that later got edited into Wowhead’s post.

2 Likes

Blizzard are a small indie dev studio, you cant expect them to have QA standards as high as AAA titles on the market.

3 Likes

It’s just a touch confusing wandering into this discussion late because the wowhead page the OP linked to has been editted to point back to this thread for the new information.