"Some payment methods can’t be used for subscription payments."

So I have been playing WOW for a long time (yes I am getting old) and earlier this year I took a break because I just couldnt deal with the grind again, I just didnt want to do it.

Anyway, after some time away and a little leisure time I felt it was ok to pick this game up again to get ready for the new expansion.

Unfortunately for me, I ran into this issue “Some payment methods can’t be used for subscription payments.”

What kinda odd thing is this? All my subscriptions come out of that VISA account and now all of a sudden its not allowed? Additionally, I believe my wow account used to be paid from this account and now it cant be?

Is this some sort of bug or issue I can work around or am I really not allowed to use a VISA card to pay a wow subscription?

It could be due to a new law in your area. Normally Visa shouldn’t have issues, try checking with your bank to see if something changed on their end.

Also, if you recently received a new card due to expiration or other reasons, make sure to remove all outdated cards from your bnet wallet. Try adding it fresh.

6 Likes