Some Changes

True as that is, Blizzard could correct the problem by reducing the server capacities by a small degree and offer free transfers to medium and low realms, which in theory would become high populated again. It’s up to the players, and Blizzard has deemed it futile to go in that direction because people are willing to sit through queues to play on the largest servers possible.

EDIT:
If the players truly wanted Vanilla server capacities, or slightly larger capacities (say by 1000 or so additional players they would have tried their best to have organized a something similar boycott on the forums and spread out on the servers available after launch to have Blizzard realize the players truly want the game more in line with Vanilla server capacity.

Hate batching and leeway. 2 really dumb things.

I buy water from merchant and wait like it’s software from the 90s to actually see water go into inventory. Such software fail.

4 Likes

Don’t bother. People like that don’t have a good reason. They’d like anything blizzard told them they should like. Or simply like it simply because the fact other people don’t. There is no logical reason to like spell batching if you play as a healer. The only type of healer that would say that is one that wants to hide behind it as an excuse for poor performance.

7 Likes

good I dont want a bunch of try hard master reflexers on classic wow. go to retail or fortnite.

2 Likes

LoL!

It would be quite interesting to examine your data :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two mages sheeping each other is one of my favorite things to ever witness in WoW.

I remember the first time I saw it, in Warsong Gulch in 2005. I was a Holy Paladin and one of the mages was a friend of mine who would scream very loudly on Roger Wilco at times like that.

35 Likes

this can still happen but with 50-100ms batching, like it is on P servers. P servers had it perfect where you can gouge blinks and stuff, but it felt like there is no lag.

7 Likes

I think you mentioned this in another thread, a while back. I hadn’t really appreciated it at the time.

Though I’ve played WoW since Beta (with some breaks), I had never played mage (or rogue, or shaman, for that matter). But, now that I’ve been playing this mage, sheeping each other (or sometimes killing each other!) is something that makes me chuckle.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if that should be grounds for the abomination that is spell batching.

You know, the technology that made sense 15years ago.

You don’t drive an old restored car on lead based gas, just because thats how thing were ran back then. Or because some people thought “that smell was one of their favorite things.”

Its a cancer.

5 Likes

Which is a rare occurrence that doesn’t offset the general suckiness batching adds to everything you do.

9 Likes

Several other servers have been like this for months. I’m not ignorant of what you are going through. Blizzard gives players free choice to play where they wish. Blizzard has also stated that if players chose to play on every server available, that there would be less queues, and probably higher populations across each server. But when. Blizzard offers free transfers to these servers, the players say Blizzard is not doing enough.
Players that flee kill servers, and so do players who don’t take the time to build communities on their server. Not Blizzard. Though Blizzard should have never raised the realm caps as high as they did, that was egregious.

2 Likes

Yes but it’s very rare. Yet me buying from npcs is frequent, and it looks very bad when purchases lag for several seconds.

Breaks procs on spell cast too. Because it procs later and breaks it’s promise.

1 Like
1 Like

lol not talking about nost, that server had the most cancerous lag. LH and elys and ND.

It’s a part of Classic, which represents the 16 year old system.

Except the batching we have in classic is not the same as the batching in vanilla. As blizzard used the modern server engine they had to do a janky work around to try to recreate it and failed.

Batching shuold of been handled as just one more benefit of using newer server architecture and left working as designed.

3 Likes

You should try healing in pvp.

I cast a spell goes off rogue kicks, I’m interrupted.

I cast a spell, I cancel spell to juke a kick, I move, I get interrupted.

Spell batching rewards slow reflexes. It’s even worse if you’re getting trained.

5 Likes

Are you serious? You cant go into BRM on high pop realms during raid time without slide showing. GO watch any youtube video on large fights on Nost. There wasnt lag.

1 Like

Using my Lay on Hands on a tank only to have it go on cooldown, not heal the tank, and then the tank dies is one of my least favorite things to ever witness in WoW.

The negatives of spell batching far outweigh the positives. Please, please, please think about switching to Modern batches.

6 Likes

It was such a silly bug, I’m very disappointed you decided to replicate bugs like this. It serves no purpose other than meaningless nostalgia for a time when the technology was worse. It’s basically using a horse-and-buggy in a time when there are automobiles.

1 Like