SoM tanking

Can’t even play a hybrid class if you go oom in literally less than 15 seconds on top of them also being worse at what they can do in those 15 seconds. Why don’t you want to see that fixed?

why not add it to a list of fixes for everything wrong with vanilla?

we’ll call it retail wow and you can play it already

1 Like

When in doubt, say the word Retail and leave. How do you beat such a strong point?

7 Likes

I mean, am I wrong? There’s a thousand nerds who all think classic would be perfect if they just changed one thing and nothing else.

That’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Like it or not, they are doing changes so I guess you are no longer the targeted crowd :frowning:

1 Like

and why should a hybrid class like druid or paladin tank as well as a warrior?

1 Like

given loot scarcity in SoM I feel like many guilds will choose to run the one Feral druid as an OT/swapped to MT for certain fights. They’re so easy to gear and with the world buff removal their threat gen with pummelers is absolutely insane compared to a warrior without TF. They’re basically a free tank since you can toss them all the tank leather and their prebis is basically free and lasts them through bwl.

2 Likes

some changes =/= any and all changes are allowed, no matter how wacky and fantastical your imagination is :expressionless:

no class is blatantly bad or useless
some specs are not so great in end game PvE raiding, yes, that is true
but no class is blatantly bad or useless

1 Like

Ret players are like, hold my beer. :rofl:

9 Likes

You’re disingenuous.

2 Likes

Yeah this. If you hate classic so much go play TBC or retail and leave classic to those who like it as it.

We don’t need anything beyond very minor buffs, if we need anything.

Druids are probably fine as they are. They were fine in classic and will still be fine.

Honestly I’m warming to the idea of more class changes. If someone prefers classic, those servers aren’t going anywhere.

They already said they are going to essentially remix the bosses and add changes that were never there to make it more spicy. It’s only fair if classes get a little buff at this point.

7 Likes

They’re trying to make the raids harder, so it’s only fair to even it out.

I think co2 levels have reached critical mass.

Nothing fun about any HoT capable class in Classic raids, due to HoT’s from different players not stacking. Resto Druids beyond one in a raid are basically castrated if you aren’t assigning specific groups to specific Druids to Rejuv/Regrowth only, & Priests are just a less-efficient single-target Paladin flash/greater spam healer with an added group heal. Great fun.

2 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to play a class if you think it isn’t fun

2 Likes

good thing that’s standard practice for any competent raiding guild…

1 Like

Idk what you’re smoking, but druids are phenomenal with aq40 gear, to the point that they become great tanks. The only issue druids have is itemization… it really hurts them in naxx. That and kitty dps requires someone to tryhard to an endless degree.

2 Likes

Not every class is designed to be a DPS class. Druids are designed primarily as a healing class that can also DPS or tank sometimes. Healing is their primary role.

You see in classic, classes have identities and are not all interchangeable like in retail.

2 Likes

Anal, try-hard, meta-cheese, facerolling guilds you mean. A lot of smaller guilds just had to field what they could get from their ranks & then make it work from there. It could be argued that the competent players were the ones who could operate outside the face-rolling meta & still succeed with the various handicaps that their comps may have presented - while almost anyone can “win” playing the game on stacked, easy-mode.