SoM 2, Flex raids?

i feel flex raids would be a positive change for SoM 2

Even 25 man would be sick

9 Likes

100%!

Linked AH, Flex raids and bam. The population problems are resolved. The systems are already in different versions of wow. There are countless people on classic era right now begging for even a single post regarding Som 2 updates. Right now we’re all just hoping with no confirmation.

Youtube videos of private servers achieving all of these changes and more every day. Makes absolutely no sense that a company like blizzard can’t get it done…

1 Like

no “flex raids”
40 mans only
deal with it :expressionless:

5 Likes

40 man raiding is what makes vanilla good

3 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s people like this that are our evidence as to why wow is bad now

3 Likes

IMO 45 to 25 flex raids would be cool.

Also fixing broken specs. I don’t see the point in playing classic when 60% of a raid are warriors. This is possible…check out the middle range for dps in wotlk. That’s like 10 specs all fairly close.

I mean a lot of bosses don’t really require 40 people, but I’d be down for flex too. What I want to see is the addition of tier tokens instead of bosses dropping say rogue gloves, perhaps they can do a hardmode for each boss like Ulduar that drops more loot? It’s just sorta annoying when your a horde raid doing mc and you get a pally drop each boss, legit a waste of a drop each time. Free crystals I guess.

Added “Flex raids” to the ongoing list of retail features delusional players want.

People have lost sight so much of what the whole point of Classic Era is, it could make your head spin.

4 Likes

Agreed, although 40 man raids should drop more gear. They should adjust drop chances for 40 man to make the better gear drop more often. Otherwise no one would run 40 man raids and that huge raid feeling would be lost.

1 Like

ok level 80 blood elf priest :expressionless:

Well the PVP system is going to be awful in SoM 2…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/som-2-leaked-season-of-pvp-changes-lol/1539848/2

Flex raiding is a great idea in theory, but when you have a 40 person raid dropping 2 items per boss, does a 35 player raid get one item? There’s not enough loot per boss to divide it up, and the only way to fix that is by increasing the overall loot for 40 players, which feels like a bad idea too…

1 Like

I played Deathwing alliance, 2004 to 2006 as a NE priest and NE druid.

I’m not dumb enough to think that success at the time means that the game if it was carried forward would be perfect today. In 2005 if you joined a raid there would be a mix of classes and not 25 warriors.

If you changed it to drop more per raid at random instead of per boss then it would be fine.

2 Likes

Check wcl, even with 40man, classic naxx got 20x raid attendance than shadowlands. Jesus these wow andies can’t think of anything other than straight copy of retail.

2 Likes

“But I need the game to cater to me and my wants!”

It’s nothing we haven’t seen. They stomp their feet and cry because they can’t have LFR build their group, teleport them to the entrance and just put loot in their bag.

If they had their way, they’d swipe their CC to have all trash removed and only fight bosses with guaranteed BIS epics.

Out of the 2 I’d prefer 25 man’s over flex raids. There is definitely benefits that could come from 25 man, class distribution and the roster boss not demolishing guilds as easily are 2 that spring to mind. Can see why people don’t want it, but this is a change that I wouldn’t be angry about tbh.

2 Likes

Allows for much finer tuning. Bunch of ways they could do it coding wise. Some they’ve used before.

I think they could easily fix dps specs too.

2 Likes

One of the bigger ones is that you can keep the 40 man difficulty. I haven’t talked to a dev, but even in 2005 you could do MC undermanned and sub 60 so I’m assuming they balanced it with about 25 people in mind. The other 15 being dead weight.

2 Likes

I don’t recall ever stomping my feet about a SOM change lol.

Being on the Oceanic SOM server was rough as it got to a point that we were not able to field a 40 man (or even 30 man) raid team as there wasn’t enough players. The suggestions made were to try and give the SOM community (with an Oceanic bias) the chance to still enjoy the content. I do not like retail and would be horrified if classic became it(again lol). But i also know that without some sort of system in place, Oceanic SOM is dead if they bring it out the same as it was.

Not sure why you seem so fired up against OP but we are just here discussing ideas that might help SOM succeed. our sincerest apologies if it was taken as a personal attack somehow lol? i appreciate you taking the time to respond :).

2 Likes

I don’t see a good reason why changes to raiding in general shouldn’t at least be considered for the ‘seasonal realms’. During the first SoM all the realms besides Jom Gabbar essentially died off due to guilds no longer being able to fill raids with enough players to succeed. Of course Blizzard screwed us over and did free transfers to the most populated realm which exacerbated the process significantly, but we can hope still hope for som changes so that the second season will be more successful.

It’s worth talking about at the very least, not just shooting it down with another ‘all changes are bad’ mentality.

2 Likes