**SOLUTION** To Problem Of Battle.net App Getting Stuck At 45%

This worked for me

Bummer. I was hopeful, but this solution isn’t working for me :confused:

I am working on an M1 Mac, and ran through the process above, but after running the command line execution, it still hangs at 45% seemingly indefinitely.

Anyone else experience this and find an additional solution, or have further tips? Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

@Sarcasmic - totally awesome that you figured this out. Thank you!

For me, I had to do a bit of a modified approach to finally get it work. It didn’t work on the M1 air, even with your final instructions. However, it did work on an older intel pro. So I installed on a removable drive then put that drive on the air. Then, it installed on the air. Bizarre, but it worked!

1 Like

I have no idea how you figured this out, but it worked. It would be great to know why this fix works so Blizzard can address it for the non-technical folks.

I’m an old fart how the hell do you go into user/shared/battle.net/bna_2

Hi - press command (looks like a clover) and space bar at the same time. Type /users/shared/battle.net/setup/bna_2/. The Blue folder will appear in that box. Double click it. Now you’re in that directory. Just drag/drop the installer into there.

1 Like

This worked for me too. Thanks!!!

If you add me on BNet I can try to talk you through it. (posting on WOW Classic toon)

Just had this issue installing on my M1 Max MBP and your solution worked perfectly! Thanks. Oddly enough no issues on my Mac Studio yesterday. Odd that the common thread is the MBP with the problem.

More inclined to believe it’s just fresh installs vs migrated ones.
The work around almost simulates a migrated one by purposely using older version.

I never have issues on my MBP, but i haven’t clean installed in 3 macs now. I always migrate.

The thing is, it should work outside the directory. I’ve placed it in dozens of other directories and tried to install from HPFS+ drives. Nothing seems to work unless the app is placed inside that folder and run with that specific argument. And it’s not permission creep either. I run it as sudo - still won’t work unless it’s in that particular folder. It’s really odd.

It also doesn’t require an older version. The original work-around I came up with did. But using a current version of Battle.net-Setup.app from Battle.net also pulls the files/installs correctly.

If you look in the log files, absent of the particular switch, there is an error thrown about read-only file system.

I actually think it’s how they’re running the app in Rosetta IMO they’re running it in /var or something to unpack.

I don’t know a lot about how Rosetta works and emulates or whatever it actually does to run x86_64 code on ARM but that seems to be the actual problem (because that’s way above of my pay grade)

1 Like

Yea mine is a fresh install and the directory thing is bugging out on my end. Not able to install still.

Just add me on Bnet and I’ll walk you through it.

Sarcasmic#11208

This worked thank you!

This worked for me as well, thank you so much <3

I managed to install Battle(dot)net and I still can’t install WOW, game keeps installing infinitely T-T

Try doing scan/repair.
Restarting the Battle.net agent executables in activity monitor
also add battle.net/agent to macOS firewall (or turn it off either way)

Alternatively you can add me to Battle.net and I’ll try to help you.

Battelnet and Wow installer Agent hangs at 45 percent. Tried on three different versions of macOS. 12, 13 and 14 macOS with same results. No firewall or VPN present. Files completely deleted including any files mentioning Blizzard or Battlenet and any installations of Blizzard games, ie, WOW, Diablo, etc… Same results. What’s going on Blizzard? Are you dropping macOS support? Good thing I didn’t purchase the new expansion. I’ll give you guys another week before I cancel my Blizzard subscription for good.

Still having issues when downloading where it gets stuck in the 80% when initializing which appears to be a separate issue after getting installed. Adding permissions hasn’t fixed this either. M1 Pro w/ latest Sonoma.

Thank you it worked :slight_smile: