**SOLUTION** To Problem Of Battle.net App Getting Stuck At 45%

Brand new install of macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71). Have tried everything at this point, there is clearly something broken with Battle.net-Setup for macOS.

When will this be fixed? Will we get reimbursed on our subscription for the day(s) that this is not working?

10 Likes

Same issue here. Brand new M3 max macbook pro running Sonoma 14.2.1 and stuck at the 45% when installing battle.net

1 Like

I talked my hubs into us getting back into WoW, he is a mac user though and same problem

I work for Apple and even I can’t figure it out. There’s nothing diagnostically relevant in the log files and the macOS console is useless AF too.

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Have tried every TS step, no love.

Just signed back up today as well after a few months break and pre-purchased expansion.

Cannot get past the 45% install. I’ve tried numerous trouble shooting steps.

1 Like

Same issue here. I have tired installing battle net on three different Macs. All of them stuck on 45%.

3 Likes

So I took an M1 Mac mini I have here for testing first gen Apple ARM chips. I popped Ventura 13.6.3 on via Apple Configurator. Downloaded Battle.net and …nothing. Still 45% hangup.At this point, I’m blaming Battle.net. It’s nothing Apple did. I’m literally using the previous generation O/S before all the new hardening was done to macOS in 14.x.x and it STILL won’t work. So I’m unsubbing till they fix this.

Thanks for the update. I hate it.

1 Like

UPDATED SOLUTION TO FIXING THIS: (thank you to Ketsiki for discovering this easier method)

Download the Battle.net-Setup.app from www.battle.net.

Run the Battle.net-Setup.app till it freezes out at 45%. Then close it with the red “X” button.

Go into /User/Shared/Battle.net/bna_2/ and drop the installer you just downloaded into the /bna_2/ folder.

• Press Command+Space (Windows Key + Space on a “gaming keyboards”)
  • Type “Terminal” and hit enter
  • In terminal type the following command:

/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup/bna_2/Battle.net-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Battle.net-Setup --cmdver=2

The installer will momentarily hang at 45% then unpack the files.

UPDATE:

Someone in the community made a YouTube video of how this works. Thanks, you’re awesome!

YouTube – /watch?v=ntiwO6VvCVY

36 Likes

Hey! I was actually just reading your prior posts and have been trying to fix this all day. I tried your command and the directory doesn’t exist for me. I looked through that directory and my /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup/bna_2 folder has no Battle.net*, only a Logs folder. Any advice?

UPDATE:
As detailed above I downloaded and installed an older Battle.net version which got bna_2/battle.net to show up. Then I followed Sarcasmic’s instructions followed by the terminal command and battle.net installed successfully.

THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

Same here. Tried to install battle.net and stuck on 45%. I’ve tried a couple solutions of running it via the command line with various flags. Nothing works. I tried on a VPN as well. Nothing. 45%…

Thank you. The only difference between what you had list as steps and what I had to do was drag the downloaded battle.net-setup.app from the battle.net website into the folder before running the command in the terminal. After that it appeared to be stuck at 45% but then continued several moments later.

4 Likes

For fun, I even tethered to my phone to make sure it’s not my network. Still 45%. And lastly, tried installing on another Mac - still gets stuck on 45

1 Like

Here’s your crown, King.

1 Like

Can someone post a link to the download of battle.net they used? I tried this one but I got a nasty error after running the terminal command. https://battle-net.en.uptodown.com/mac/post-download/82521094

What error did you get?

So I used the same link as Gamlin. But it still hung at 45% when it spawned from the command line.

So the steps have worked for the 6-7 people I’ve already gotten it to work for are:

Delete everything.
Install old version.
Let old version hang at 45% and then kill it with Activity Monitor
Install new version, hang at 45% and then kill it
Command line.

Things that may stop it from working are firewall, router, anything with NAT. VPNs and not having full disk perms or “everyone” set to read/write for the installer.

It’s super late where I am. I can help you tomorrow if you can’t get it working.

4 Likes

I finally got it installed! now I’m fighting with it to get WoW classic installed lol but hey, progress. Really appreciate the help!

Sign into battle(dot)net website and go to account settings. In the menu on the left hand side at the bottom should be a link to download the battle net client. This is the file I put into the bna_2 directory.

1 Like