Solution to people getting suspended

Put a flag on their name in LFG if they’ve been suspended. Make it go away if they’re good for a few months. Would be a bigger punishment to players that are toxic than just suspending them.

Add an option to mute all flagged players as well

branding ppl has never been a good idea. i can’t find a good example at the moment but i’m sure there are some.

idk about this one.

4 Likes

If i’m doing yolo rbgs and a glad player applies that’s been flagged, I’d be more than happy to bring in a lower xp player. I don’t want to have someone ragequit and talk a bunch of trash to the team the entire game

1 Like

These days the people brand themselves.

Suspended from what? LFR? Where are you seeing this

The PvP community has grown so small that you can often just recognize people.

So you want targets painted on peoples backs? I dont see that going well.

Sure why not

I don’t agree with OP but is it painted on their backs if they put it their themselves by getting suspended in the first place?

Why though? Because they trash talk? That’s gaming in general especially games with some form of competition. If you don’t like it then just set them to ignore. Much simpler.

A lot of these people would see it as a badge of honor. See GTA five dunce hats. That backfired immensely. Degeneracy is often a product of gaming so suspension is the only way to get them to calm down

1 Like

Well I mean if people get suspended then that’s on them. People remember names quite well, like that certain individual who makes alphabet posts.

A physical marker I think would just cause problems.

If I’m in LFG for a mythic+, Arena, or RBG. I want to avoid players that have been suspended for being toxic. I don’t want them in my party, because they typically will ragequit or cause someone else to leave. It would help out new players that are new as well, as they would be able to find groups easier.

People like you ruined online videogames.
Soft, fake positivity and used to being patted in the back by twitter and reddit.
Why do i like “Toxic” people?
Cause they’re usually real and dont hide what they think about situations and people.

That’s the pug life though. I’m not condoning it or whatever but you get what you pay for in this regard. Others have said if you want nice groups then use a guild or something.

Ruin online video games for not wanting to play with people who get suspended for toxic behavior?

They got suspended likely because carebears that cant stand someone not being 100% in their favor to begin with.
im 100% against suspentions for reasons that arent hacking.

Yeah hacking in online games I can understand a suspension. That’s why I only use cheats in offline single players lol

Kamaelse is correct. Sadly flagging people who engage in poor behavior ends up encouraging it in online games. People wear it like a hero’s medal and TRY to get the markers.

WoW tried it once upon a time. They had an honor/dishonor system. So if you were killing NPCs or low level players you earned dishonor. Instead of discouraging players, it encouraged them to get as much dishonor as possible.

Silence that remove someone from all social/grouping functions, Suspensions, and eventually account bans are the current options - it means nobody deals with the person and they don’t get extra attention for their poor behavior.

Never give attention seekers the attention they want, even negative attention.

You can do what you want with your friends. That is your right. The rest of society expects a basic level of politeness, civility, and manners. Kind of “social” 101. That is why what we say in our homes is not the same as what we say at the town market or summer picnic.

4 Likes

Raider IO says hello targets