Solo shuffle should NOT give titles and elite cosmetics

Feels too coinflippy.

6 Likes

I wish people would stop posting this terrible take. Shuffling partners is the only thing keeping some semblance of skill detection/ability to affect the lobby. It balances out the games between the weak and the strong and allows people to pull ahead.

6 Likes

Given/handed out. Theres no way Iā€™ll respect a dps player that has never been higher than rival but uses his 2700 rss cr as credit.
Yes, im a hard stuck rival/duelist but at least its in 2s/3s

1 Like

I actually agree with this and have posted something similar before.

The main issue is pitting 6 consecutive rounds while using a scoring system designed around 1 round gameplay.

Should just be more dynamic, kinda like Arena Skirmish.

Thatā€™s fine if you donā€™t respect them, I donā€™t think these players are looking for your approval either.

At the end of the day LFG was the biggest hindrance to PvP and Shuffle solved it so even with all its faults Iā€™ll say it helped the game more than hurt it.

I personally also love that people are hitting new personal records, it gives people more of an interest to keep playing.

4 Likes

youre the type of person to give participation trophies out to every team regardless of outcome and not keep track of the score

I mean I just donā€™t care about WoW arenas or the rewards enough to try to discredit people or gate keep them from it.

Itā€™s just a game, let people earn rating and get rewards regardless of bracket :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I actually does, for DPS, not so much for healing since you are always pitted against the same person for 6 rounds.

If they outplayed you one round, chances are it will happen again. The main difference is you have the added bonus of being outplayed by the enemy healer and having a low skill player as dps additionally.

This is why dps players go 4-2 when one of the other dps goes 0-6 and climb ā€œeasyā€ compared to healers who go 3-3 for the same outcome or just 0-6 when they are clearly outplayed by the other healer.

why even have rated versions at all? why have a rating? just give everybody everything

Fake sense of acomplishment boosts participation.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused about what youā€™re frustrated about.

If people want to test their arena skills and be considered great at the game, youā€™d find like minded people and do 3s for Gladiator/Mount.

If you want to stream content for your 1400 CR viewers, you farm 2s brackets all day long cough Pikaboo cough

If you want to play the game and not stare at LFG for 1 hour, you queue Solo Shuffle to earn Mogs/Skins/Titles.

Every type of PvP player has a mode for them.

1 Like

Who cares?

1 Like

I think the better question is ā€œWhat is the big dealā€

He is upset because people are earning it in a 3v3 pvp situation instead of a 3v3 pvp situation. See how silly that sounds?

Donā€™t try to gatekeep titles, mounts and all that stuff just be happy earning it how you want to.

It is shockingly apparent the level of ā€œI WANT TO LOOK SPECIALā€ that is coming from his messages.

4 Likes

Itā€™s 100% easier to climb in shuffle than in rated, inflation or no, especially as a DPS.

That being said, I think itā€™s silly to assume that anyone without prior PvP achievements is automatically bad and that shuffle rating means nothing.

• Some people are queueing now because itā€™s more accessible
  • Some people only queued with (potentially unskilled) friends
  • Some people possibly werenā€™t very interested in PvP before now

Thatā€™s not to make excuses or whatever, just saying the situation is more complex than youā€™re giving it credit for. Plenty of regular PvP seasons were extremely inflated also, like SL S2.

Iā€™m 3100cr in shuffle. Do I think that makes me a 3k xp player in a normal season? Of course notā€¦ but I queue primarily with the same ~2k friends most seasons, and Iā€™m not gonna be mad that other people are getting their elite rewards.

All that being said, I do hope they figure out something to promote participation in regular 3s.

2 Likes

OP is a good example of what too much arenas can do to you, similarly to this thread iā€™ve seen people post about hitting 2400 in Shuffle only to get trolled by people like OP who think their opinion on PvP is more important than everything else.

Let people queue up and earn prizes lol, give them that dopamine so they keep queuing which is should be the whole point of a game in the first place.

2 Likes

Its NOT the community, its toxic Gladiators, the same community that sells RMT ratings, the player base can not stand them, and why they fled rated 2s n 3s to rated solo shuffle.

OP is like barely duelist though?

Maybe thatā€™s where all his insecurity about 2400 comes from :thinking:

1 Like

They try to silence you by saying OHH you dont have X rating so you cant speakā€¦ IF YOU PAY A SUB to play this game, then you have a voice. That might work on some players, will not silence me, you need another angle.

Did I wake up in an alternate dimension where Elite wasnā€™t still somewhere in the high 90th percentile range? Does ā€œeveryoneā€ have something if itā€™s 1 out of every 100 people with it? Does that change if itā€™s 2 out of every 100? Even going off of a generous interpretation of your histrionics Iā€™d have to assume that Elite had dropped to somewhere around the 70th percentile.

2 Likes