Solo shuffle quitting

you should get 0 for not winning a single round.

why get a participation trophy?

They just need to add an honor penalty like -500 in addition to a 15-30 min queue lockout.

make leaving give an honor gain debuff equal to the total honor that the rest of the lobby was robbed of. debuff prevents all honor gain until honor debt repaid.

4 Likes

Except you don’t get any progress if you quit out.

Alt F4 and it just counts you as a disconnect, no punishment.

I entered 6 solo shuffles today and could not complete a single one of them. On one the dude literally waited til the last match as they were about to lose to /afk out and not give anyone conq.

I’d /afk too if I found myself accidently queuing a solo shuffle.

wild, i spam shuffle and never seen 6 quits. Honestly dont see many afks

1 Like

All I want from DF is to be able to do this. No need for arena, no need for RBGs. Just gear up doing my favourite content.

(Solo-q RBGs would be dope though)

2 Likes

No it still works!

I played quite a few Solo Shuffles this weekend. And noticed that the players that always rage quit or pull the cable are Lonewolf MM hunters, lol. Guess they realize it’s not AB and they can’t offscreen delete you.

1 Like

I healed against an rsham with 4 new dps players. First round went very very deep into dampening. The second round, the rsham and I started out trying again until I ran over to his pillar and /wave and /stop then sat down. He hexed me and then sat down with me and /lol. The following rounds we got together and sat down to watch the 2v2. Even if I won all 6 rounds it wouldn’t be worth healing an hour long solo shuffle.

Rated shuffle won’t have those experiences sadly.

2 Likes

Lots of quitting after people die to DK abomb limb im seeing

This is really the beginning and end of it.

People leave the game when it’s perceived as unfair or unfun. You could make the debuff anything and people would still leave bad matches.

If you really want a fix ahead of MMR, then Blizzard could 1) vastly bump the gear score that everyone gets in there or just normalize it, 2) actually address pvp balance instead of washing their hands clean of SL, and 3) make things like getting unity much easier/faster for alts.

All the above would increase participation, lower queue times, and reduce frustration leaves. A toxic product produces a toxic player response.

5 Likes

to be fair, 2 of those were from me leaving

I just had someone leave because they were losing a round. Since it’s not considered a win if you lose 4 times then salty players leave before the match is over…

wait this is kinda genius

It’s a tricky balance. If somebody gets punched down on too hard then they leave, and some matches are truly hopeless and your time would be better spent letting them end, but you need to avoid having somebody despair and leave.

I do wish Blizzard would evenly distribute the honor across the six games, which are basically meant to be standalone matches, just played with the same people. You commit to blocks of six.

That way everybody gets honor based on their wins regardless of when the matches end, rather than now where there’s a hefty chunk loaded into the “completion” bonus.

2 Likes

this hasn’t stopped its still horrible
they need to revert the change they did when someone leaves that it ends the game, when it first came out the rounds kept going except the team with the guy who left would insta lose

You wouldnt be able to have this in rated though.

solo shuffle with the current meta is just pretty rough right now