SOD PvP is now RUINED

Why is such a drastic and stupid change not made optional for your players? Why not give each player the choice to pvp with the dmg reduction as an clickable option instead of forcing each player into it? (Should be similar to the exp buff being optional) I logged on for the night to do some battlegrounds and to my surprise the queues were twice as slow. After waiting 40 minutes…

Upon my first bg pvp felt depressing. It lost its charm as there is no more burst and healers never die. Fights feel longer than sunken temple bosses. Healers are like bosses. (Healers should NEVER be bosses in PvP!) Healers are support but should not be the boss. This damage reduction is such a disgrace and makes me want to quit WoW which I had no intentions of doing until I have played with this update.

This dmg reduction has managed to SUCK ALL THE FUN out of pvp. I’m so upset with how this team implemented such a terrible idea without considering how it would affect the gameplay and players. I don’t even want to log in to wow until this is removed. Sad.

TLDR: The new pvp damage reduction has ruined pvp as healers are now the boss, and it takes 2-3 dps to kill a healer. I will definitely quit playing wow if this is not fixed. It’s awful. My Feedback is to remove this and spend time actually balancing each class and PLAYING YORU OWN GAME TO MAKE IT BETTER.

35 Likes

50% cut right off the back is wildddd

8 Likes

they just need to reduce the amount that healing does in PvP in general cause DPS are way too bursty without the reduc

3 Likes

It really is. Why not make it optional? It feels so badddd.

1 Like

let’s create a topic with CAPITAL LETTERS! And then wall of text everyone

I’m happy for you
or sorry that happened

4 Likes

If you don’t like to read that’s ok bud. I’m saying the DMG reduction is not a replacement for necessary class balance.

4 Likes

I agree that class balance in pvp would be the better solution

but I also think that the damage nerf was a step forward, now skill matters.

For me 2k damage chimera shots back to back were great, but now I have to press buttons, and nothing better to outplay the opponent and think “I’m better than you, you ****”

4 Likes

The damage should never have been that high. Compared to player health. Players should not be 1 and 2 shot.

And giving players the option to turn it off? So you would have players face off with some turned off and some turned on? A suggestion void of any serious consideration.

5 Likes

You misunderstood. Players who want to dmg reduction would be placed in separate battlegrounds with others with the same reduction. Players who opt out would not have the reduction.

Mortal Strike, Bam, Healing Reduced.

2 Likes

Take it easy killer. This isn’t about weak and strong arguments please don’t get defensive. I’m simply sharing my feedback in hopes the devs read this and balance the classes instead of considering this dmg reduction.

3 Likes

yep, I understand, and I apologise, I was kinda toxic for no reason, just edited my reply

3 Likes

PVP is ruined at this time. Thanks.

7 Likes

Kind of just feels like a band aid fix to me ? literally nearly unplayable…

Damage reduction is fine but 50% is ott

3 Likes

:rofl: So true!

3 Likes

as long as melee don’t run chains, I’m happy to play attrition game

‘Dev Team’ and I use the word VERY loosely are so out of touch with their product they don’t even know where to begin with balancing.
PvP and i’m pretty sure SoD will die out if this 50% damage reduction nonsense is implemented permanently without them also nerfing healing.
Druids, Warlocks and Spriests are unkillable. Absolutely abominable.

4 Likes

The one warrior who still bothers pvping will be an invaluable asset

2 Likes

They said they are testing this weekend so let them test…Hopefully they will see healing is out of control just like people said it would be… And fix that some how, but overall I will take this pvp vs the 2 shot pvping anyday.

1 Like

easily, even BM it wasnt getting insta deleted LOL