SoD Paladins & Windfurry & Seals

Hello,

TLDR; None of the paladin abilities can proc our seals or windfury and I’m here to QQ about it.

I’m glad we’re able to actually play ret in SOD, and I’m having loads of fun with it. However, I’ve noticed some stuff that is severely limiting our endgame performance, and it seems like stuff that should be included.

Mainly, the only thing that can proc WF for paladins is auto attacks. Which, if you’ve played any of the other classes, kinda sucks by comparison.

My main comparison for this is quick strike vs crusader strike. Both abilities are similar in their effect, that being an instant cast melee strike, however only the latter will proc windfury. QS doesn’t have a cooldown and the wf procs feed enough rage to spam it, and CS has a 4 second cooldown. When you take into account that almost every warrior ability can proc an extra windfury strike, it seems like ret kinda got the short end of the melee stick here.

WF aside, seals are also very weak in SoD. None of our attacks (other than auto) will proc a seal hit. Historically seal of command procs have acted as a separate melee strike, this is how TBC seal twisting was possible, but in SOD this is not the case. This prevents us from seal twisting SoC & SoM (which all the rets were super hype for, this alone really sucks) as well as preventing these SoC procs from proccing windfury (this was all the fun in tbc ret) and also limits us on our endgame performance.

I really like SOD and getting to play vanilla in these low level brackets was particularly attractive to me because I love the quirky random effect weapons scattered throughout the old game. But when I play my warrior vs my paladin all these items proc 3-4x times more on my warrior, for the same reasons as mentioned above.

Let me know if you guys agree / disagree. I’m still having fun playing ret, but some of this stuff kinda feels bad.

15 Likes

Twist like you’re supposed to. I really hope shaman gets something broken so I can see more paladin tears.

@ galakai wth does this even mean

4 Likes

Paladin complaining he doesn’t benefit from Horde only abilities after devs decided to let him try it out.

7 Likes

Idk why I even try to have discussions on these forums. All you get is brainless responses like this.

21 Likes

You know Shamans also don’t benefit from windfury right? We can’t use rockbiter + windfury on the same weapon, why would you be allowed to stack weapon enchants if we couldn’t?

5 Likes

Your seals take the same weapon imbue spot as windfury/wildstrikes. Twist your seals or just use one of them. Or just play a warrior if you’re too lazy.

4 Likes

Blatantly wrong

Seals are not a weapon enchant. Also, what happens if you have a windfury druid in your group?

Seals are not a weapon enchant. We can’t twist because they removed the ability for SoC to proc other seals (like I said)

I never said they were an enchant. Paladin players can’t read.

Okay, rockbiter is not a weapon enchant.

See i can lie on the internet too

bro what???

7 Likes

You said it was a weapon imbue

It is not

You’re wrong

7 Likes

Then what is he complaining about?

Shaman on these forums is just salty that all 4 of their specs are not S tier in all content and want to drag down Pally with them because they are not doing as much damage as many of us would like in phase 1.

Seals don’t work like that at all so it’s irrelevant. they are not a weapon imbuement but rather a buff that is applied to the player and not the weapon.

3 Likes

Then why is he complaining? He is already playing the best class in classic.

But he’s not playing priest.

1 Like

dude just read the damn post and you’ll understand. use chat gpt to convert it to something a 3rd grader can understand, you’ll be good.

8 Likes

Why? Paladin wants to be stronger when it’s already one of the strongest classes in classic and is hands down the strongest support. Every paladin post is the equivalent of someone dropping their pants and crapping all over the keyboard.

because it seems like an error. CS is a melee strike, QS is a melee strike. Only one procs WF. Why?

9 Likes