SOD - Magmadar Douse

• The character name and realm on which you encountered the issue, if it differs from your posting character.

WoW SOD US - Crusader strike horde - Clamcrammer

Encountered a bug yesterday where Magmadar’s douse was non-interactable. This caused us to be unable to summon major domo and progress in the raid. We were on heat level 3 and changed to heat level 2 at Barron Geddon. I’m not sure if this is related but wanted to provide context.

Below is the raid ID if that is helpful.

RAID ID : 42343237

2 Likes

Very annoying. After ~8hours of prog in heat level 3 we had to call it due to a bug. Really makes the prep and time spent feel completely wasted even after reducing heat level to 2 since we cant even clear the raid on an easier difficulty because of being unable to interact with the Magmadar dowse. Tried no addons, tried reloading, tried deleting cache, and resetting the instance.

2 Likes

wildly irritating that this wasn’t bug tested in the slightest. Ive seen dozens of other people running into the same exact issue with magmadar douse.

Thanks for the heads up; I’ve passed it along.

SOD - On heat 3, Magmardar. Can’t douse the boss. We cleared all other boss besides Domo for obvious reasons. Shows the fire ring animation around it as if we didnt kill him. Anyone else suffering that?

2 Likes

Dealing with this as well in our raid. Tried having everyone leave the instance for 15 min, then reclearing trash but the magmadar rune was still unclickable. Two of us went back in after everyone left the instance for an hour to check again and it was still unclickable… we are unable to finish our raid at this time

we had the same issue. not sure what to do right now. we’ll have to wait and see until blizz hopefully fix it so we can finish our lock out.

Same issue with us. Blizzard please let us clear the raid. We prepared so hard for this.

Absolute joke of a response to the ticket I submitted and marked “Answered”:
Hello,
Due to a sudden influx of contacts, ticket reply waiting times may be higher than expected. In an effort to get you back into World of Warcraft faster and saving you some time this reply was created with some handy resources to solve some common situations:
Support Articles:
https://battle.net/support/games/wow
For additional troubleshooting, try to check your situation in our Forums, where Developers and Players alike share their input on all kinds of situations:
Forums:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/
If the issue persists, please let us know and get back to us whenever convenient!

thanks for the quick reply, do you have any ETA on fix?

I personally know over 30 raids that have experienced this.

I can’t give an ETA beyond “as soon as we can”. Fixing groups in this state is pretty complex. :frowning:

1 Like

2 weeks of preparation leading up to this + 8 hours of Heat 3 raiding, strategizing, spending tens of thousands of gold and trying to complete on a server (if not world) first and this is the kind of amateur hour we are left to deal with. There are people in several guilds that took PTO from work to raid on heat 3 only to be met with yet another untested disappointed release.

The joke’s really on all of us that play this game for taking time out of IRL to be beta testers while still paying a monthly subscription fee.

1 Like

Update: we just sent a fix for Magmadar’s rune not updating. If your raid is in a bad state, just swap the heat difficulty back and forth and that should activate the event that now allows you to douse the Rune of Kress in Magmadar’s room.

1 Like

We did already try this, are you confirming that you made a change on your end?

Yes. We sent the fix a few minutes ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for update

1 Like

Hello.
Raid ID 42338547
Also dealing with this issue.
Swapping back and forth between heat levels and it hasn’t allowed us to douse the Rune, yet.

2 Likes

Still not working, please advise. Our entire guild is just sitting here… Thanks for your support in advance.

3 Likes

Seems your fix is not working. Please advise.

3 Likes

I’m passing it along back to the designers; sorry about this. >_<

Just for the purposes of clarification:

• New raids are fixed.
  • Some raids that were already started can use the above fix to get their raids back into a good state.
  • Some raids managed to get into a really bad state with regards to Magmadar and his rune, and that still needs work. :frowning:
3 Likes