SoD: Guild Leader Cannot Manage Guild

I passed guild leadership using /gleader <Character-Name> to an alt, and now that alt has the appropriate GM title for the guild, but does not have access to any guild management, including promoting others, setting GMoTD, etc. and can also not use /gleader <Character-Name> to change guild leadership to another alt.

Note: Of potential note, the previous guild leader was an alt whose race I wasn’t happy with, so I changed guild leadership, then delete and rerolled the previous alt with the same name. I’m not sure if this is somehow related, but that new alt now shows as <Character-Name>-<Server-Name>.

Any help or troubleshooting advice would be greatly appeciated!

:+1:

Possible its a UI issue or it mite be locked for a set period of days to prevent comprimised accounts from doing nefarious stuff.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I tried all of the steps in the Support Article, including using /console cvar_default to reset console variables, and the situation remains unchanged from what was described above.

Id say ticket but id wait till morning and a blue can take a look.

1 Like

Yeah, not a huge emergency or anything. Officers still have the ability to do almost anything (except promote other officers).

Have u tried on the original toon and see if there still GM the only possiblility i can think of is the deleted toon is still in control for some reason.

It’s deleted, and wasn’t high enough level to restore, so I have not tried this.

It’s possible, I suppose! I passed guild leadership to an alt, then logged out, deleted and created a new character with the same name. I do currently see both of those characters as offline in the list of guild members .

Both of them have the same name, and are the only characters in the guild members list to show up as <Character-Name>-<Server-Name>. They both have the member rank.

EDIT: I tried to remove them from guild. I am able to remove the one that is active (the newly created one), but I am unable to remove the deleted one. Though I can promote and demote him.

Well a blue can hopefully take a look or offer suggestion

1 Like

Darth hit all the points on this. Sounds like a weird bug, maybe needs a ticket. The Blues are pretty great here, maybe they can see somethiing in the morning, too.

2 Likes

Yeah! My guess is that it might have something to do with layering in Classic Era/SoD. And that something got lost along the way, when I passed guild leader and logged over.

Will be interesting to see if it is indeed a bug or just something I’ve done on my end.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Especially when it comes to deleted/renamed/altered characters and things like this? After all that Darth had suggested had been checked off, the next best thing is to wait for the Tuesday reset. That tends to fix a lot of this random stuff. If it doesn’t, please do come back and let us know, and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction to submit a ticket. If you were to shoot one in now, they’ll likely tell you what we’ve said here. UI reset and then wait for reset on Tuesday to see if it clears itself up.

Well, I’m not in a big hurry, but I sure hope I’m not waiting until Tuesday! We are a pretty active guild during early stages of a new version of WoW, and are actively expanding our raid teams, so I definitely need to be able to manage permissions.

Of course, what I think I could do if it isn’t resolved by sometime tomorrow, is form a new guild as a workaround. We don’t have guild banks in SoD, so it would be a pain to shuffle 3-4 raid teams and socials & friends, plus the 10g Tabard design is not nothing, but it’s better than waiting 'til reset and seeing what happens, I suppose.

:woman_shrugging:

Id hold off on the new guild there mite be a easier solution not to mention u have to choose a new name i think for the guild.

1 Like

Which alt did you pass leadership to, Snipy? Was it your level 25 Human Warrior?

The name of the guild isn’t “of Faerlina” right? If it’s the guild on this character and your Warrior it looks like that guild is leaderless right now. Not entirely certain how that would have happened but I believe it can be fixed.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, it was something like this:

• (level 5 dwarf paladin) passes leadership to (25 human warrior)
  • (level 5 dwarf paladin) logs off, is deleted
  • (level 1 human paladin) enters Azeroth, does some starting quests and goes to SW.
  • (level 25 human warrior) passes guild leader to (level 5 human paladin) “internal guild error” or something similar.

That’s right. It’s <Forum> on Crusader-Strike.

1 Like

This is absolutely a bug. I haven’t checked it again, recently, but a guildy caused the same “Character-Server” issue by deleting and recreating a toon with the same name, joining the guild again right after.

In our case, there was nothing happening with the guild leader role. It just ended up somehow creating a clone of their character name in the guild, forcing the server name to be added as there were now 2 characters with the same name on the server, according to the guild roster (even though there was only one and the listed names both had the same server).

I also had the same issues of not being able to remove the deleted version, but could remove and invite the active version of the character. Amusingly, each time I tried to remove the clone, the next time I logged into the game, the GRM addon would show the clone had rejoined the guild as of the day I attempted to kick.

I don’t remember if this has already been fixed for us (possibly on it’s own) or if I even submitted a bug report when I found out I couldn’t remove the clone.

1 Like

I think you should be set, Snipy.

7 Likes

Thank you so much Vrakthris!

:heart:

5 Likes

Ahh woot, Vrak coming in with the fix! Boom!

Edit: I blame coffee for this post!

4 Likes

I had to do guild leadership changing with opening a second account. This was maybe 10 years ago. Then I could transfer leadership to an alt. Was not able to do on the same account between alts.
Yet… that was apprx., 10 years ago.