SoD AQ War

Was there any mention if the Gates of AQ event is going to happen in SoD or are we skipping that again like we did in Hardcore?

4 Likes

I think it’d be cool to do it again. It was a lot of fun, granted I was not one of the people playing 20 hours a day to get the mount.

2 Likes

Blizz has said before that they may likely never do another Scarab Lord event ever again…but they did also say they would never release Classic servers no matter what…so… idk.

Hoping so. If SOD can lead into a possible WoW2.

1 Like

I don’t really see WoW2 ever being a thing, but on the off chance that it happens I would expect it to be more like Retail and less like classic. And most likely overflowing with micro transactions and other money grubbing development practices.

2 Likes

When did they say this?

Because if they said it before Classic was released, there’s been two scarab lord events since then

1 Like

Agreed.

If there’s phases I’m hoping it’s likely that we’ll get it.

1 Like

lol, where did they say this :expressionless:

there probably won’t be enough people wanting to run AQ40. The gathering supplies event would never finish before the end of the season.

They said it after the last one ended.

Got a source?

It was done because thousands of people starting false mass reposting the Scarab Lords and tried to get them banned. So Blizzard put an end to it. And then on another server an entire faction was spawn camped for the entire event to prevent anyone else from ringing the gong and getting the mount. That’s what happened. It is pretty common knowledge. You wont get it anyways even if they do go back on their word so there is no reason for you to worry about it.

Tbh, it gonna happen again with a twist. Im all here for it.

1 Like

Apparently they do not because they are referencing what happened on Sulfuras during Classic in 2020 when the second/later event was during SoM in 2022. That second play through was fine and no major issues.

Blizzard warned after the Sulfuras debacle that they would take action against griefers/griefing but nothing about “may likely never do another Scarab Lord event ever again”. They did do one again and that was on the first seasonal servers: Season of Mastery.

They let it go on in the first season so I believe it likely to again play out in this second season.
:crossed_fingers:

i highly doubt they won’t do it again when they finally release a new fresh :expressionless: it’s kind of an iconic classic thing.

1 Like

I was very upset that they said they were not going to do it again all because of the actions of just a few.

If they truly wanted to, they could just add in a layer during the event to where Ally and Horde are on differnt layers in that zone so they cannot kill each other at the gate on a PvP server, or better yet, make that part of the zone a neutral non PvP area.

Cite your source.
Link a blue post.
I’ll wait.

Oh hey you are “that shaman who likes to troll everyone” in that other post I was talking about when someone said that other shammy was a troll poster and I was all like…na… you got the wrong one… Well…here you are.

You have nothing.
Unsurprising.

I don’t think we can fully know what they plan but they did state the season’s would be a fresh progression run. This was never stated with hardcore, and I honestly figured it would be on the last patch. If I had to predict I would say they will run through the patches like the first season, and it will be considered a fresh progression realm.

1 Like

Sure, with 2 changes

New gear from item turn ins

Make the process extremely oppressive, 1000 black lotus, 5000 arcane crystals, 2000 arcanite bars 200 pristine hides of the beast and 5mil gold per faction to unlock gates of AQ. Oh and yes, these numbers are per faction so double it to unlock your servers gate :x