SOD Account Restrictions: how can Blizzard help new players who are affected?

Don’t care about Blizzard’s new measures, just ask for a refund, I can’t play, refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund refund

5 Likes

Of course, we want this change to impact legitimate new players as little as possible. We understand that this level of restriction will impact gameplay, so we’re evaluating the effectiveness of this change very carefully.

Let me tell you how it’s affected my gameplay: I’m level 16, my bags are full, and I can’t sell anything at a meaningful price, send it to any of my other toons, or even just give it away. The onloy option I have is to vendor it for the pittance that merchants will give you.

THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. My characters cost of skills will VASTLY outclass even quest rewards, and you all know this, but your company would rather hit me with “Sucks to suck, nerd” than actually just address the issue and say that you guys screwed up.

3 Likes

Everyone just ask for a refund.
What a stupid idea.

2 Likes

We are customer, not beggar!

2 Likes

I had an active account when Shadowlands first came out, I just redid my sub to play HC with a group of friends…

I’m restricted…

1 Like

Yeah, just a couple hundred players in SoD and then a few thousand more in Classic Era. NBD. Didn’t realize I was paying for a Free Trial.

I’ll just not play any of the end game after I hit 50 in a week, because good luck getting picked up for anything without consumables.

But hey, you right. I’m just a dumb noob who’s never played any other MMO ever and has no experience with anything like this or have any frame of reference. You got me. :expressionless:

5 Likes

I hate to reply to a bluepost, as it’s very vanilla wow energy… but now I’m discovering something new, so that’s cool I guess…

I am generally supportive of these measures. However, as someone that just convinced a skeptical girlfriend to try WoW on my subscription dime, roll mage, and expect that she would be able to quench my thirsty priest with conjured water… this is NOT COOL.

Since there’s no RMT surface for conjured water, I think I can safely say this was not conceived fully. Please help - I know y’all are swamped, but this is rough. Much love.

1 Like

Please stick with it. Make things as hard and expensive as possible on the bots.

Botters in shambles. They wont be able to afford rent now. Lmao

1 Like

It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer. - William Blackstone, 1769

Thanks for letting all of us innocent new players suffer Blizzard.

4 Likes

As hard as possible would be actually hiring real GM’s to deal with bots.

5 Likes

Yes that would be great.

Started a second account to have horde and alliance on the same server since you cant have both, the day before this started. To play on horde during phase 3. Since I’m playing with a different group mainly on horde. Now my horde account is restricted and I’m forced to play self found mode? Wont be able to raid not getting consumes from the auction house and leveling is much slower not being able to get better gear off the auction house or sell profession materials. I cant even buy bags to hold more stuff to sell things. It’s slowing the game play down so much!

1 Like

Also the impact this has on any new player is huge and could make the game extremely unenjoyable. Some comments have said ‘new people won’t need or know what the auction house is’ for their first 30 days. These ‘new people’ are probably playing with friends helping, so when a friend says buy x from the auction house and they can’t … like what? They paid the same amount to play as everyone else and they get 3/5th’s of the game? Also, it’s 2024 people go meta when they start a game from watching youtube videos. Two days after any new game comes out everyone is doing the most OP stuff shared online. Now, new people in a 20 year old game can’t do meta things to enhance speed up gameplay because of these restrictions. You’re a billion with a ‘b’ dollar company. Find a better way to fix issues facing your company that doesn’t impact players. Or just admit that bots are out performing you and you’re upset.

6 Likes

That doesn’t sound as if there was any hope of it being effective.

2 Likes

Just refund those who want their money back and they dont have to keep us “in the dark” anymore, right?

2 Likes

I just want to know if my refund request will go through? I’d rather give my money to a homeless man on the side of the road than to your internet scam company.

4 Likes

Blizzard devs not knowing how months and leap years work is mind boggling. :astonished:
This is kind of basics in intro to CS classes.

If preventing the transfer of wealth was the goal, why restrict inter account mail.
I can’t mail leather from my alt skinner to my main leatherworker, on the same account.

5 Likes

There are multiple other games who have done this, and it did not stop the rmt or bots at all except the first 30 days.

They just start throttling accounts.

At which point these restrictions ONLY affect innocent new players and 1,000,000% will chase away the vast majority of them and most likely just initiate a chargeback over it when they quit, which Perma locks their account unless they pay you the $15 they charged back in the future, which considering the bad experience you created for them, they won’t.

Blizzard should have had the foresight to look at other games that have done this before doing it themselves.

On top of that, blizzard themselves have admitted the majority of bots are from hacked accounts, which wouldn’t Even be affected by this change.

Which makes this change feel like nothing but making the game as miserable for new players as you possibly can.

7 Likes