SOD Account Restrictions: how can Blizzard help new players who are affected?

I’m playing hardcore skull rock and I still have my account restricted from trading, mailing and using AH for the last 3 days.

I have paid for my account more than 15 years ago, left and recently reactivated using wow tokens recently. I have definitely paid for my game time at some point or another. Could you please help ?

too bad so sad sorry bud see ya in 25 days or w.e

I don’t understand why they dont do what they did years ago which was, new accounts don’t get to trade gold, and will not receive gold in the mail at all. There was also a complete restriction on sending gold through mail if I recall. They could impose a daily limit of gold sent or something for new accounts. Banning 1/4 of the game completely for new players is absolutely ridiculous whether its directed towards one group or not it can be accomplished better.

1 Like

Why don’t you guys start on your own end of it then?

Switching pear trinkets from BFD cost 75 gold… ???
Dual spec cost 50G…???

Start by reducing QOL changes to be more reasonable for purchase.

3 Likes

I agree with most of what you said, but with mounts being 50g and the 300% gold bonus from quests, you have to try to not have a mount by 40.

2 Likes

they dont need to play the game for you. dry your eyes.

So instead of just hiring more GM’s blizzard is trying to add yet more in gam rules that only hurt the player base.

5 Likes

How about some help for the middle of March starters?

1 Like

Im very experienced at the game and I understand what you’re getting at but with the cost of training it still makes is difficult and how would you feel if you were left out of a serious amount of progression in the game because of policy enacted by blizzard meant to combat the scumbags that violate the terms of use for monetary gain. The game has been out for 20 years and as far back as I can remember they’ve never taken measures like this. There has to be a more reasonable approach to data mining of the game to detecting this type of abuse rather than ruining the first 30 days of experience for new players.

1 Like

This is exactly how I feel, if this doesn’t get fixed in a few days I’m walking away from blizzard for good. All the hype from the CEO and the developers on this new version only to do this to new players seems like they’re only shooting themselves in the foot. The botting and gold selling is a real problem but don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

5 Likes

This is unacceptable. Hire GMs. Stop punishing players for not being able to get your own house in order.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for coming to my thread ^////^
It has been an adventure for sure…

That’s what I wanted to hear.

Thank you Fwoibles for clearing things up. I hope the particulars will become visible somewhere soon, where new players who are signing up can be made aware of it. And I hope that everyone still expereincing issues can have them sorted out soon (and ideally, people can get their refunds, click).

This:

and this:

are very helpful things to know. It definitely takes some of the edge off knowing we can still trade any invites our water and healthstones, but I will say we are probably not making a guild on SOD as long as these restrictions remain as they are. We just don’t feel that we could ask someone to put up with it for that long. So I will still be looking out for any changes in the future.

In the meantime, I thought I’d make a hail mary request and ask if you could do anything for some of us here who are restricted but are clearly not botting. Iha and Dredna from this thread, to name a couple, and my friends and I (Thrallr, Cowtoolz, Wurmgirl and Mothwings on Wildgrowth)—think you could lift the restrictions on us while you’re working on the February crowd? You’d make some new players real happy.

Thanks for reading everyone

2 Likes

I’m not a new player. I played wow since release, quit when the Cataclysm came out. I found SOD interesting and decided to come back. I cant remember account/mail so i made a new one.A friend gave me some gold and bags. Everything was fine until I realized I couldn’t trade/AH/Mail. I am now 50 and having a very bad experience, the game has become unplayable to me. Let’s keep things simple, you let me enjoy the game i paid for or return my money back because this is not what I agreed to when I paid.

10 Likes

Thanks for tryin, brotha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Please stop being so naive Blizzard. What you came up with against bots will not work. Bots are always two steps ahead of you.
The only thing that this new policy against bots will do is force bot owners to buy up a lot of accounts without restrictions from the black market accounts this month. Next month they will have fresh lvled afk accounts without restrictions, which they will prepare in advance.
That is, in the end, this decision will essentially only affect new players like me.
Surely this stupid idea was invented by your incredibly effective managers, who decided that getting money from bots for 2 months of subscription would bring more profit than the loss of new players would take away.
You must understand that money from bots is not worth the loss of my subscription and the subscriptions of all players who want to try SoD in the future and a huge blow to your reputation.
I already canceled my subscription and sent you a request for a refund, but received a response, oh wow, from your bot that there is no product available for return.
Of course, I knew that you wouldn’t get any support from your support team. And I submitted a request for a refund to PayPal. You violated my consumer rights without informing me in advance that my account would be inoperable for the first month of subscription. Knowing that you would give something like this new politic, I would not start playing.
Goodbye forever greedy scammers!

9 Likes

I new to WoW im new here i paid my sub to get unrestricted access to social features.

Q: What content is available in a WoW subscription if I choose to upgrade to one?

A: Once you upgrade your account with a WoW subscription, all game content beyond level 20 and up to level 60 will become available, including higher level dungeons, raids, and social features like guilds, unrestricted in-game chat, and the Auction House.

Look i just want to play the game and this change made it unplayable for me my account is 10 years old and i have 15 pages of purchase history in your other games and i get restricted for being new im expected to pay for a free trial for a month? Come on man i was actually enjoying the game till i got restricted and this whole situation has soured my experience as a new player i didnt tick self found and im not a trial account why am i being forced into it?

9 Likes

Doesnt even effect me as i have had my account for years… but this is absolutely ridiculous treatment toward new users…

Hey blizzard… you cant treat new users in this manner they wont stay.

Find a better way to combat the bots

This sounds like microsoft… blizzard is gone guy… its been downhill awhile… :pensive: now its gone

9 Likes

i am glad this policy is in place and will address botting. i disagree with your assessment. good bye shaman. fare thee well in your 2 week break from the game. see in p4.

i dont understand, this fixes botters, right? rmt is fixed? right?

so now we can gdkp without rmt tainting it.

2 Likes

Sorry, gotta go back to earning gear I guess : /

1 Like