Social Credit System Might Be Coming

During the latest Q&A, they discussed the possibility of a Karma rating system for toxic players or ones that are loved. I think that would be a great addition to the game.

Edit: Linked @ 35:38 where it comes up

I suggest a Social Credit System, where we get certain fun icons by our nameplate or your profile to indicate your social status within the community. The way your status is determined is by getting rated by others that interact with you.

For example, the color of hearts would indicate how friendly or toxic you are. :yellow_heart::gift_heart::purple_heart: with the black heart being toxic and legendary orange being loved by many.

There could also other icons that represent other social factors such as how trustworthy and reliable you are. If you are a deserter or leave mythic+ all the time, then it will affect how you get into groups until you raise your social credit score.

Combining all ratings, including how skilled you are, will determine your overall social score which can give rewards or penalize you depending on your status.

Punishments could be something like limited access to the flightmaster, AH, barbershop, LFG system, transmogifier, etc. Rewards can be perks like the usual mounts and pets, but on top of that you could get priority in dungeon or LFR queues and much more.

What would you add to this social credit system?

9 Likes

Ah great i can’t wait to have features restricted just because someone didnt like my transmog and decided to give me a poor rating

154 Likes

NGL im for this

1 Like

we have one

it’s called “Ignore”

33 Likes

I feel like ironic edgelords would boost each other up though :confused:

29 Likes

Yeah that’s like the worst idea ever.

29 Likes

Sadly, this is what we used to have in Classic WoW. If you were a jerk or a leaver, you would be known around the server as the person to avoid grouping with.

I would love to have this return in a way, but I’m afraid it would be abused by many today.

15 Likes

The commies are taking over!

30 Likes

This is a bad idea. How much bubble wrapping of our world do we need to do? Seriously? People need to toughen up.

56 Likes

Can I be toxic please

8 Likes

Although concept looks nice…but it has potential to be abused wrongly

14 Likes

I was with you 100% until I got to this point. IF we get something like this, then it would have to be like eBay. On eBay, sellers and buyers get rated by those they buy from and sell to. No punishment exists. No benefits exist. The information is publicly available to let people CHOOSE what do do with the information.

Give us the heart system. Give us the score. Let it be cumulative and publicly visible (or allow players to make it private). But there must be NO “punishment” or “reward” for having a high social score. It’s a SOCIAL score. It will simply give other players some information about what others think of you and allow the players to decide how to interact with you based on it.

Information only. No Debuff. no buff. No special loot. No denying people access. Just information. A review score. 3.5 stars! Great seller, but the shipping was slow. That sort of thing.

18 Likes

No way people wouldn’t game or abuse a system like that would they? No way that wouldn’t be exploited.

22 Likes

NO.

There is no reason to lock more people out of being able to participate in activities in game. The more people you lock out, the less people there are to play this game and at this point, the game needs as many players as it can get to play it.

Raider_io is enough of a detriment to this game on it’s own, do not add any other “scoring” systems to make it worse.

33 Likes

Slow down there China…

51 Likes

Exactly. Which is why you REALLY can’t attach any ingame rewards or “punishments” to anything like this. It’s a bad, Bad, BAD idea.

10 Likes

But what good is a social score unless there are consequences to it? When players are too toxic, they get reported and punishments happen so I don’t see a difference in punishments existing for constant toxicity.

That’s your problem right there. We don’t need daddy Blizzard for consequences. A social score would let US, the players, decide how to deal with bad social score players.

We don’t need somebody to punish them for us. We can choose not to play with people who have low social scores…or we can choose to overlook it and give them a shot.

People who are bad enough at playing with others to get a bad social score would automatically be shunned. That’s the consequence.

11 Likes

LOL isn’t that the name of the system China is doing to call out people that have debt and shaming them? Back on topic, you have lost your minds if you don’t think this will be abused to hell and back. Back when there were actual servers and you had a name and if was a bad one it was challenging to shake it off. Bad people had to pay for a name / race change and or server change. It forced the aholes to pay to get to do things. This new way would have to do nothing in game, short of give a number or symbol for people to be aware of? Anything that can be abused can’t offer any kind of punishment if it will be automated. Don’t people already have issues with false flagging and reporting for spamming because of the automated processes? Just saying.

13 Likes

And the consequence to that is you have less and less people to play this game. Do you really want to drive it into the ground that bad?

7 Likes