Social contract

So now if I’m doing keys and my game disconnects me and since that happens the launcher also takes like 2-5 mins to reconnect. I can get banned for “disruptive behavior” since it’s technically disrupting 4 other random people I will never met again? My launcher does this to me often last time it happened I logged back in to just me jn the group.

Also will I get punished for leaving a raid that obviously won’t be killing a boss? I’m disrupting 9-29 other players by leaving?

The contract needs more detail and clarification.

2 Likes

It does need more detail and clarification but common sense tells me that you getting disconnected will not result in account action. Get a grip.

12 Likes

While the OP’s point is hyperbolic, it does raise a good question though when you think about all of the posts made daily about “punishing key leavers”. WILL this be used to punish people who are tired of banging their heads against the wall in a high key?

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know. It’s been a little bit too crazy in the world atm. We just banned plastic bags in my state for instance who knows what could happen in a virtual world where anything can happen.

1 Like

Like I said, more clarification is definitely necessary.

I think people that are inclined to false report, already do this and will do so in the future. I have left an LFR group from time to time, I doubt I’ve been reported for it. I imagine in Mythic + some people may consider flagging someone who leaves in a huff instead of just moving on.

Personally I’d like them to take a more active approach to punishing the people who are found to be false reporting, if there are consequences for abusing the system people may be encouraged to use it properly.

1 Like

definitely agree with you there

Yes, it needs it.

For people to take seriously the social contract and the CoC, 3 things are needed.

1- That it has a more legal and less friendly format, people should know only to read it that it is something serious and not empty words.
2- Clarify the penalties that can be suffered, if it is necessary, approach it case by case.
3- Create a working group of real people that actively dedicates to check the complaints and not leave it at the “hands” of an automated system.

3 Likes

Don’t fret the corner cases of a common sense ToS.

1 Like

This is basically the same Code of Conduct that we’ve been subject to for years. Not sure why people are panicking about it so much.

7 Likes

Have they announced it? I thought it was only data mined?

2 Likes

I mean… if you’re constantly disconnecting and a pattern of behavior starts to form then yea… you’re probably purposely being disruptive or you should just stop trying to do keys until you get better internet.

1 Like

Correct. They took the “play nice and be polite” tips from the loading screens and put it in the first part. Those are suggestions about how to get along well in an MMO. Those are not enforceable.

The enforceable stuff is what has always been in the CoC for 17 years. I feel like people never ever read the rules they agreed to.

Don’t use profanity, slurs, insults, hate speech, racism, etc. Don’t spam. All anyone has to do is review the forum Code of Conduct to see what the GMs will penalize for. It applies in game too as far as language goes.

And the existing game code of conduct

6 Likes

Plastic bags are slowly being banned across the country in order to try and tackle the plastic issue of our world. Not necessarily a bad thing and not too crazy on its own.

Per the social contract, I don’t see things being that crazy or different than now. If your scenario happens once in a while, then it can be considered spontaneous and random. If it happens in a pattern, though, it looks more suspicious. So if it does continuously happen, you may need to look at your own set up before doing more keys.

3 Likes

The Social Contract is just as vague as the In-Game Code of Conduct. If you are not worried about if being disconnected or if leaving a raid will get you punished now then you don’t need to worry about when the Social Contract goes live. This is just more fearmongering about something we already live with but just has a name change.

About false reports, it is not easy to take action against those. That is due to how subjective it is because people can be offended by different things. So for them it is something reportable but may not be by Blizzard standards. Due to this assumption is that they are reporting in good faith even if it is wrong. This happens all the time in the real world with police reporting.

For Blizzard to prove that the person is not doing it in good faith they will need have a history of false reporting. I don’t know how the reporting system works. Does Blizzard keep a record of reports an account made. If they do then they would have to cross check them against the claims to see how many were valid. Then from there you will to decide what percentage of claims have to valid.

Personally I feel that each account should have a set number of reports a day. This would force people to really think if something is worth reporting or just ignoring.

2 Likes

Because they normally do not, let’s see, why would you give importance to a coc of a game that you have already pay for before being be able of reading it? The minimum that you would do would be to play while you can before you get ban, to get worth for the money you paid. It is not as if the terms you have to accept are put them before confirming the purchase.

I should pay a product and then be able to read the contrat and not use it if I don’t like it? PFF, I will clearly accept it without reading it and abusing the product as much as I can as long as I can, I have already paid it!

Because now they put it on your face, and people like me expect this to be a sign of greater interest in the moderation of the community and not just an empty gesture to wash their hands.

1 Like

I would love it if they actually did more to enforce the rules currently in place!

I know they DO enforce them, but it is not as consistent as it really should be. Largely because they depend on players to report and not everything gets reported.

5 Likes

Seems like they just wanted to reiterate the rules that were already in place and throw in some fancy sounding buzz words to seem more proactive, whether it’s the case or not.

Just be nice, don’t constantly leave your groups or disrupt other players and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I think you’re really stretching in your efforts to justify being upset about something if you think being disconnected will get you banned.

2 Likes

the problem with clarity is players find a way to abuse it.
the problem with vagueness is moderation finds a way to abuse it.

If your internet connection is always unstable causing you to disconnect for 3-5 minutes at a time, maybe you should form your own parties so you don’t ruin other peoples runs.