So...about that Netflix advert from on Twitter

His later stuff is deffo worth a read.

I’m sure it is, but that last dark tower book left such a bad impression, especially the part where he interrupts his own story before the (anti) climax to chastise the reader as the author for basically ‘forcing him’ to finish the series and it’s not his fault if we don’t like the ending (which he knows is bad)

I’ve never seen anything like that in all my years reading books and was like yeah, I think I’m done with this guy.

1 Like

I lay most of that nonsense to his injuries.

Netflix is banned in China. The Warcraft movie was a flop in the US. Who’s gonna pay for the production on something that will be a flop?

Doesn’t matter if a movie flops in the US if it does well in China, which the Warcraft movie did. This movie made more than The Force Awakens over there.

I have a feeling this is why those stupid Transformer movies keep getting made.

Anyways, a lot of production companies make movies with the Chinese in mind.

are you sure you want this on netflix ? even witcher flopped there

2 Likes

If they do do an animated series IT HAS TO START WITH THE WAR OF THE ANCIENTS. Trust me on this. Animated Illidan losing his eyes, the prodigal hero falls down and is cast away, his brother blind and righteous but powerful, the priestess of the moon, a huntress but also sad to see what’s happening to her homeland. And of course Azshara and her court herself. It would be an insane build up for a wow animated series like arcane. :cloud_with_rain: :eyes:

Netflix…

kek

An animated series about the Gilnean civil war and its eventual fall to the Worgen curse would be pretty cool to see with potential to weave in the Forsaken invasion also.

It does matter since China would bring in exactly $0 USD to a netflix series, which is what the OP wants.

1 Like

You’re right, my bad.

I didn’t realize Netflix was banned in China. My eyes glossed right over that.

I honestly loved that part: you missed his point. His point was this: it was about the journey, not the destination. Yes, I get it. We waited almost 30 years for him to finish, but honestly, if you reread the series, the ending actually makes a lot of sense (he did drops hints in the other novels).

I’ve read this series about 19 times already.

At least we got an ending. We’re still waiting on Martin to finish GoT.

Okay then, Netflix wasn’t the entire point here. There’s plenty of other streaming services out there that could take this gamble.

Not to insult here, but the game itself is cheesy looking. That’s why the movie looked cheesy.

Also, I loved the Orcs. They did an awesome job with the Orcs. We could have had the bad animation of the dungeon troll from the first HP movie.

You could see iQiyi partner with netflix as they have done in the past for some of the netflix originals that pass the, ugh hefty, parameters in place for media by the Chinese government.

The ONLY reason I bring this farfetched option up is due to the popularity of the first Warcraft movie in China and the current push by NetEase to build WoW back up over there.

1 Like