So...about that Netflix advert from on Twitter

Riot is it’s own studio. Bliz could become it’s own studio.

All they had to do was stick with book 1 and make a gritty post apocalyptic western and it would have been amazing. But noooo

I also was devastated by that movie. Its one of my favorite series, but I especially love the beginning

1 Like

Rita sure talks a lot in third-person.

2 Likes

was not talking about books that would be a little hard to get the character just right
i am talking about video games example would be henry cavill as garrett of rivia

Rather have Amazon do it. Fallout and Hasbin hotel were amazing.

What’s dis.

Huh you linked me a merch store.

Click on “how to watch.”
I figured the official site of the entire franchise was better than a link to an Amazon episode.

It’s the same concept though.

We have plenty of pictures and description of what Roland Deschain looks like.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful. I wasn’t sure if you knew what you linked me. Thank you.

I looked it up on imdb.

1 Like

W… whaaaat?!

Go check it out it’s awesome.

also its not a kid show lol

That’s fine. My kid is almost 24.

Dull as ditch water.

They did for the movie anyway. Pretty much every major event played out differently from how the story was previously told. That might be why a lot of fans were luke warm on the movie.

I liked it personally. Watched it just the other day actually. I don’t remember noticing Grom Hellscream the first time I saw it.

1 Like

To you. Not everyone feels the same way. I was entertained and I’ve played this silly game for about 20 years now.

I went in knowing they were probably going to change a lot of things.

I went into the Dark Tower already mad about the casting. I was against Idris just because we had decades of pictures of Roland Deschain. I was also against it because it would have flubbed up certain character interactions later on.

The movie was just flat out terrible. Idris actually did work for me though. He’s never even read the novels (he probably wouldn’t have taken the role if he had.) But Idris wasn’t the problem with that movie in the end.

Duncan at least understood the source material when it came to WoW. Yes, he retconned a lot of the lore and characters, but it still worked for me. He at least tried to remain faithful to the feel of the WoW universe.

Nickolaj really forgot the face of his father when it came to The Dark Tower. Duncan at least tried.

Yeah, that’s why there were so many sequels.

George RR Martin, Game of Thrones Author, he spells out the exact reason there should be no Netflix series.

“Fantasy needs to be grounded. It is not simply a license to do anything you like. Smaug and Toothless may both be dragons, but they should never be confused. Ignore canon, and the world you’ve created comes apart like tissue paper.”

These comments come about a month after Martin bashed Hollywood screenwriters and producers for believing they can “improve” on the source material of stand-out authors such as Ian Fleming, Stan Lee, J.R.R. Tolkien, and others when they attempt to adapt their stories to film or television.

He wrote on his blog, “Everywhere you look, there are more screenwriters and producers eager to take great stories and ‘make them their own.’ It does not seem to matter whether the source material was written by Stan Lee, Charles Dickens, Ian Fleming, Roald Dahl, Ursula K. Le Guin, J.R.R. Tolkien, Mark Twain, Raymond Chandler, Jane Austen, or… well, anyone. No matter how major a writer it is, no matter how great the book, there always seems to be someone on hand who thinks he can do better, eager to take the story and ‘improve’ on it.”
He continued, “’The book is the book, the film is the film,’ they will tell you, as if they were saying something profound. Then they make the story their own. They never make it better, though. Nine hundred ninety-nine times out of a thousand, they make it worse.”

2 Likes

That’s adorable.