So you're not going to change casual/unranked gear eh?

The issue is, even that gear is crap.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a good thing blizz didn’t say shadowlands would be alt friendly otherwise this would be super awkward…oh wait

10 Likes

If blizz made honor gear actually trivial to get, I would agree with you.

However to get into rated pvp (without being boosted) you need to grind out an honor set to somewhat compete. The honor required to get a fully upgraded set is way too high, especially since the gear gets replaced fairly fast.

Blizz is reducing the price by 25% in 9.1.5 but that’s still not enough. Reducing it by 66% would bring it down to WoD costs.

4 Likes

For me I choose to avoid rated simply because it’s not fun for me having said that I am sure that with some effort/thought and patience I believe even in the current scenario it would be 100% possible to be successful and rank up so I am going to agree with those who would attest to that.

Having said that I also figure that those who are casual and want to have fun in BG’s shouldn’t be at the current stage of disadvantage if they simply don’t want to subject themselves to perhaps something they don’t enjoy; but to slog it out with subpar gear against boosters and rated players who keyboard turn or whatever in decent gear just isn’t an enjoyable experience.

I realize that not everyone looks at PVP the same and to some, “winning” is just the same if they stomp a guy at 200ilevel while they are at 240 or 5v1 someone when for me it’s only really fulfilling when everyone has a shot and it’s great to come out ahead when you should have lost.

Harder to do those things being outgeared in SL compared to other expansions since the gear gap will never be competitive at this point…

3 Likes

I agree with this. I don’t really buy the idea of “graduating” from random BGs they’re trying to convey. I’m convinced that nobody really thinks “okay, I’ve trained enough in random BGs, I’m gonna go play rated BGs only now.”

Random BGs is a content of its own and players who engage in that content should have a fair share of gear power to play within that content. It’s unique in a sense because it’s PvP and so stronger geared players hurt your gameplay more, instead of just topping DPS meters, by actually preventing you play by killing you without a chance.

I’m not saying that “okay give random BG players Mythic raid BiS gear for doing LFR level content”. But rather - let me do that “LFR” content with gear I get from that LFR at LFR difficulty. Whatever gear magic you have to do Blizzard to make that happen.

Luckily there had been a system that implements that the best, while also preserving gear progression momentum - Warlords of Draenor.

15 Likes

Well said.

Just make it so that everyone can play and enjoy to a certain extent.

The game is in a bad state when folks log into a random BG and use battlegroundenemies to check the gear and decide on if they are going to bother staying or not.

1 Like

to be fair there has always been that type of person

closely followed by the ‘they have 3 healers and we have 0 we lost guys ‘

2 Likes

True but you can win without a healer.

You won’t win if they all have 50k health and you have all 30k health.

I generally stick around no matter what but when it’s like that on either side it’s hard to blame people for leaving. They want to have fun not lose by default.

7 Likes

This sums up about 10000 threads. I’m still shocked they decided to leave it like it is.

It’s like watching everybody leave and holding the door open so they can exit quicker.

16 Likes

Why, Blizzard.

That’s the big question.

Why are you not truly listening to your player base? Half baked implementations loosely based on player feedback don’t count. Why are you not trying to make WOW the best it can be?

It’s not uncommon for a company to spend millions on market research to understand what their customers want so they can make better products.

You have it so easy. Your customers literally are coming to you on a public forum saying what they want over and over and you ignore them.

9 Likes

I quite literally unsubbed last night on my retail account because of just this.

I will not tolerate blizzard’s incompetence with retail anymore.

8 Likes

I am honestly not surprised they didn’t change it mainly because it’s in the middle of a patch. Does it mean they couldn’t have changed it? No, the certainly could have. But I was thinking if they were to change it it would come in 9.2 or 10.0 honestly.

1 Like

The forums are a vocal minority. People come here to vent. There are far more people that don’t say anything at all.

It’s silly to assume feedback shared here doesn’t have value.

If you owned a pizza place that kept losing customers would you ignore an endless stream of Yelp reviews saying your pepperoni tastes weird?

13 Likes

We can all agree that Blizzard has been eating said pepperoni.

3 Likes

lawlz at all the folks thinking blizz cares about pvp. dont get me wrong. thats all i do i love it. but …just lawlz. whens the last time someone saw a blue post in pvp haha

1 Like

We know Blizz doesn’t care. That’s the problem.

6 Likes

It’s a pve based mmo with a pvp side game. I’m a pvp guy as well but some people expect too much.

Actually, opinions found in the forums are also found in the playerbase at large. Forums often have a disproportionately large representation of elite players, so often what they want drowns out what is good for the majority of players, which is also good for the game. Casuals make up the overwhelming majority of paying customers in any MMO. If they are lost, the game would no longer be profitable.

Blizzard does care what is happening to PvP, at least when they notice weird things going on on the ladders and proceed to make changes that will affect hardly anyone. They don’t seem to have any interest in attracting new players or retaining the majority of the playerbase.

It’s almost as though they figure the PvE-style gearing they hammered through in 9.0 didn’t work because there weren’t enough ranks.

4 Likes

We expect them not to break their own game.

Is that too much?

Also, you do realize it would be extremely easy to use a gearing system from another expansion right?

8 Likes