So you're not going to change casual/unranked gear eh?

Just read the patch notes.

Thanks for completely ignoring the pvp community yet again.

You didn’t change a damn thing for casual/unranked players.

You didn’t listen - yet again.

Your reward ? - no more of my money.

I’ve had it with this braindead company.

68 Likes

Are you really surprised its been over 8 years since they last listened to the PvP community.

6 Likes

probably not or it would be done.

Don’t let your rear end hit the door on the way out!

Blizzard co-head Mike Ybarra shamelessly sells boosts.

It’s not that they don’t care.

They fully support it

18 Likes

honestly no point doing any casual pvp unless its on a main. say goodbye to random bgs for alts.

12 Likes

100% agree. It’s almost like they want you to do nothing but play on one character. SMFH

8 Likes

dude they are starting ranked gear at 1000cr. you can basically afk until 1000. you cant even lose points. challenger starts at 1400 now. if you have even the slightest basic fundementals in pvp you can easily attain 1400 in about 2 hours. ez pz lemon sqzy. its a really good system

1 Like

With the extra upgrade lvls does that mean even more honor must be spent? They should make a system where if you are 1800 but your gear is at 1400 you just put the honor for the 1800 to upgrade to 1800 skipping 1600 then I’d be okay with it

I have 4 alts and have no problem in randoms :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We know hercX, you’re amazing and super amazing and Mega amazing.

The game is perfect in every way and we are all glad you’re enjoying it.

34 Likes

Funny how people say WoD was the worst expansion. At least in WoD you could pvp and actually compete on an even playing field and also didn’t take a zillion years to be gear relevant unlike Depression Lands.

23 Likes

You’re missing the point, you shouldn’t have to do arena or ranked to get the gear.

29 Likes

It’s also harder to get into rated now than it was in say S1 or even the start of S2 so while 9.1.5 is an improvement it’s not really going give pvp the revitalization it needs…I think alot of people probably will get tired of trying after waiting an hour for a RBG group to form.

6 Likes

So basically u shouldnt have to do anything to get gear. Just gimme. By the same reasoning we should just play naked.

1 Like

You realize of course that gear worked that way for 3 expansions, right? You could get the best gear (aside from t2 weapons in Cata) from any PvP, not just rated. And yet PvP participation blew this garbage expansion out of the water.

25 Likes

Wasn’t just this one… was pretty much every xpac barring maybe wrath and mop.

1 Like

So basically someone who wants to play randoms should be able to gear up doing randoms. They shouldn’t have to get a high rating to unlock the level of gear their competitors have unlocked in what used to be casual content intended for casuals who had no interest in doing rated PvP before randoms were turned into a currency dispenser for people who had bought rated carries.

People who want to do LFR aren’t required to unlock LFR gear by clearing a heroic or mythic raid.

Devs are apparently very concerned about elite players leaving, which must be happening in great numbers for them to be increasing conquest gear ranks and giving titles to the top .05% of players for high mythic+ score. They don’t seem to be at all concerned about casuals. Perhaps they are thinking “They’ll get over it”.

I’m pretty sure that after mythic raiding craters like normal and heroic have, after everybody who didn’t want to raid but needed domination shards and gear gets the heck out of there, we’ll see another “too little too late” gift to mythic raiders this time.

10 Likes

its all about the money man. they have a system that causes players to buy tokens. those tokens go for carries and gear in the auction houses. as long as people are spending 20$ on a token this ranking system is here to stay.

10 Likes

Even from a business perspective, it’s a very short sighted to alienate your already dwindling player base for short term monetary gain.

I’m not convinced a game like New World will be the next “WOW-killer” but unless they pivot fast, the game won’t last much longer. They’re making it far too easy for their competition.

8 Likes