So You Like Your PvP Server

I might do it just for the obnoxious pink gear.

You already can leave the PvP server.

Just roll up a new character on a PvE server.

2 Likes

How about waiting until BGs release before throwing a tantrum about the state of playing on a PvP server? Nah? Too much to ask, i guess.

1 Like

Too bad Blizzard didn’t include any actual dates on their phase rollout plan or take any proactive steps to manage faction balance on PvP realms from the very beginning.

Yeah, we all signed up for significantly imbalanced wPvP…

Truly, the rare NPC experience.

1 Like

I’m going to clue you in on a secret - world PvP is never balanced, and that is how it was intended.

Where would you go?

Up until yesterday, there were server transfers available for the highest population servers.

It may. It may greatly. It depends on where people may choose to move to and how transfers may be made available, like to which realms.

I don’t really have much in the way of evidence, but I would be skeptical that the free transfers, I imagine were in place to reduce the populations of some of the mega servers, had the desired impact.

A lot of people have rerolled. A lot of the people saying, “Just reroll” are the ones who have rerolled.

This sounds quite reasonable, but it may or may not actually be. If it’s a compromise that 99% has to make for 1% it’s probably not reasonable.

I suppose better defining what precisely the agreed upon problem definitions are, the proposed solutions, and how success in resolving issues is measured would be helpful for determining what sorts of compromises may make sense.

I can’t imagine it being fun in the first place when you’re forced to camp flight paths for honor. But to say it is 100% dead because you chose the wrong side is a stretch; my server’s ally actually manage to occupy BRD on occasion despite the imbalance, and despite being outnumbered I do have the option of playing hit and run if I really wanted to (there’s been no shortage of LF healer ads for WPVP).

My point is Blizzard truly would kill PvP servers (or at least rename them PvE) if they opened the free transfer floodgates now.

PS: Is this acceptable evidence that I play the game to you? Because I really want to hit Trust 3 at some point, you know…

Pvp servers would still exist, yall would just have to relocate yourselves and communicate about what you want to do. If people transfer that just means that they dont like pvp servers. From what I have read some of yall are just hoping that the pve crowd will just deal with it for your enjoyment. Pvp servers will exist as long as there are people that play on them, you just wont have that big of a population and thats no ones fault. People enjoy/dont like pvp. No one should have to stay on them, a transfer and a reroll means you are still losing a person. Its just a win for blizzard because they can keep a monthly sub.

1 Like

I don’t want anything fixed you don’t have to do anything just allow transfers please.

2 Likes

You had me curious enough to go look into it, and wow; this is going to be quite entertaining to read for the next few hours.

Hopefully it’s an eye opener to the rest of the realms in-game right now, but I doubt it.

They’re already dead for some of us on certain servers in certain factions, so…

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t play this character anymore but would transfer her off should transfers become available.

i will forever declare that i do not want transfers. you made your bed, you lie in it. that’s how this works.

I’ve heard people from that server say they enjoy themselves. Pretty sure horde players too :thinking:

I agree, i am just pointing out they already killed it. (in my mind at least) There are no words to express the disappointment of watching blizzard taking a server that had created something they claimed was its focus (A healthy Community) and sending that server to the prison showers without a soap on a rope.

It’s fine though, I get BG’s next week and then i can start playing the real game of world of instancecraft.

I’ve been gone far too long. No clue what this means.

Ask them where they stand now. No need to take my word for it.

Basically, if you post a certain number of times on a set character, you can post GIFs and web links on the forums.

And yeah, overall I agree that Blizzard should have intervened in some minor way instead of helping to make it worse. I just don’t see it changing for the better, and would prefer not to make it worse : /

Is that why everyone posts from retail?

I seriously had no idea.

HUH???
Explain the difference between leaving the server and playing an alt on another server? The server still losses players :expressionless:

1 Like

id pay $100 for it at this point.

1 Like

Because you can hop back and forth between characters on different servers. Just because you roll an alt on a new server doesn’t mean you have to delete your old char. It’ll still be there when you come back to check on it.