So.. why is fury bad for leveling?

heroic strike is suppose to give you bonus hit ?

It wasn’t supposed to be a thing but it’s how it worked in vanilla. Yellow hits also have a lower hit cap requirement than white attacks.

Heroic Strike is still an awful ability I wouldn’t recommend using while leveling.

1 Like

the bug is the white attacks from your offhand do not suffer the hit penalty while heroic strike is queued up, you don’t have to let it go off.

That’s a fair point. I’m just not as much a fan of it when you can easily just use a 2h and make better use of WW.

Biggest issue is thinking you need to use two weapons just because fury has the two weapon talent.
Dual wielding has major hit penalties and attacking skills only take your main hand weapon into account making heroic strike, slam and whirlwind hit like a wet noodle when dual wielding, even worse if they’re fast speed one handers.

Go look up slam dancing.

Sweeping strikes ruined fury leveling for me

Some talents are good for leveling in each talent tree. Its personal preference which to go for.

A lot of filler talents are okay at first, but are worthless later, or worthless in some leveling situations, so it can be better to go down another tree for 6 to 11 levels.

Heroic strike is a 1h yellow attack, which has a different set of miss checks than white attacks. Because heroic strike replaces the white attack it replaces the miss table.

Apparently whoever came to with yellow attacks forgot that two classes could DW.

It’s listed in the bug forum as “working as intended and not a bug”.

Early on, it’s heroic strike and rend. So spam rend everyone.

I’ve leveled as both, back in vanilla and in classic. Nothign wrong with fury leveling at all. I find that fury is more fun, especially when you get lucky on your hits. Arms is smoother and is more flexible…tactical mastery makes a huge difference, especially early on when you don’t have many skills aside from heroic strike, and it also makes swapping roles in groups much easier.

And once you hit 40, you have to make a choice: go fury and still suffer for 10 more levels until TM is speccable again, or stick with arms until 47 or 48 then switch. But post 40 DW fury feels better then it does earlier.

TBC and Wrath made it much easier to pick specs when leveling as a warrior. in vanilla, you can definitely feel the impact of no rage. on the flip side, DW fury is fun, especially when you get all your procs going. Of course, it’s brutal when your luck runs bad…I’ve literally had an on level mob take my life to 15% or so with bad misses in my DW fury build. Doesn’t really happen on my arms build.

post 50 I like DW fury all the way. I just wish vanilla had more hit gear/options. one of the reasons I enjoyed BC and wrath so much.

Heroic Strike, Rend, and Sunder Armor. There’s also Hamstring and Overpower, the former of which is a cheap way to deal a little bit of damage and bait the latter.

1 Like

Fury is a legit leveling spec. Don’t think I ever heard it wasn’t.

2h fury is great too, and long past 40.

1 Like

Oh yes, you keep on spamming those low damage abilities, when you actually have rage, praying for overpower while autoattacking things to death.

Yeah honestly you need some pretty good one handers to overcome the problems of dual wielding and that most skills only take your main weapon into account.
Two hand fury uses different talent builds too.
Improved slam is great with slow 2h, but you’ll never even use slam with one 1h/dw.

Dual wielding may be the top dog at 60 and geared, but before then?
I’ll be betting on the guy that isn’t missing literally half of the time.

1 Like

Sunder Armour reduces the effective health of the target, which means your auto attacks will be that much more useful. Rend is a decent amount of damage early and Heroic Strike has a massive rage cost. If you’re at risk of capping you should use Heroic Strike, but it’s not at all efficient to burn all your rage on it.

This isn’t me telling you this. This is the Warrior Discord who have already done all the testing.

2 Likes

I had a hell of a time on my warrior back in the day. Miss miss miss Dodge parry miss…

Interesting that you’re having a good time with it. My feral druid seems to have the same problem that my warrior did. Lots of miss/Dodge/parry. Even when fighting green mobs!

you need lots of to hit gear for fury.

My warrior is 32. Guildie helped me get the whirlwind axe. It now has firey enchant. I just charge mobs, rend and hamstring spam and proc 40 damage back to back and overpower when I get dodged. It’s hilarious when I crit and 3 hit a mob. I’m sure that will calm down the closer I get to 40.

It’s the sufferance of visibility. My druid misses allot, but I also hit things ever second. so it means I have more chances to miss, but more chances to hit as well.I down things faster on my druid. Plus having 2 resources makes leveling allot smoother.

I’ve clocked both arms and fury while leveling, and kill speed isn’t much different. not enough to call one over the other. Arms simply has more flexibility, which in addition to seeing less DBP, also makes it feel more fulfilling.

It’s that miss rate.