So why exactly can't we have the good character models?

It looks nothing like any of those movies and you know it.

2 Likes

Those are not the good character modes for most of the races.
I will not have my femtaur ruined again.

1 Like

I wish I could still use tmorph so I can save on noggenfoggers :laughing:

Speak for yourself i liked the old night elf male model better than the new one! New one sucks!

2 Likes

No updated character models. No transmog. Leave the game be. Please. We wanted Classic so we could come back and play the old game, and the charming simple textures and animations are a big part of that. If you’re nostalgic for Retail graphics then, well you already know what I’m about to say.

2 Likes

Its easy to make the option available and then everyone gets what they want. Those who want to see old models can see old and those that want new get new! :smiley:

2 Likes

no it is not “easy” to make the option available
it would be a lot of dev time
and many things could go wrong and need further fixing
how about we just do nothing, k?

Perhaps you need to watch those movies again

Meh people wanted tmog back in the day. I remember myself wanting it. Going to pass on the new models though

2 Likes

As long as Blizz keeps the option in place, like they did in Retail, once, before they took it away. They better not change the Ghost Wolf, though. Classic Ghost Wolf > Retail.

I want modern graphics and animations as well.

Anyone who says the graphics are updated no, they have been updated to a certain point but are still quite far behind retail.

Retails’ visuals are significantly better.

1 Like

Imagine being a fortnite graphic enjoyer and not wanting the SOVL 8 polygons

1 Like

Agreed. Apparently it hurts people’s “Immersion”. Funny I see some people here saying they don’t play retail because of this, am I mistaken or isn’t there an option to disable to new models in retail? They should give us the option in WOTLK Classic also. Wouldn’t impact any of them in any way.

Absolutely.

1 Like

Weren’t we able to toggle off the updated textures in retail, anyways? Can’t they just implement the toggle, so the people who don’t want them have no reason to complain??!?

1 Like

They removed the model toggle because it caused SIGNIFICANT problems with interactions with characters. It’s not as simple as a switch. So yes, this would impact classic players. The bigger question is why are you asking for retail models in classic? Just go play retail. Talk to chromie and do the Northrend questing.

2 Likes

I can understand if it’s too much work to implement from a development standpoint. WOTLK is Great, doesn’t mean you can’t make it better.

I can’t stand the retail models, but I do wonder if there would be a graphical option to allow both?

I guess because I actually played vanilla>wotlk originally the old graphics and animations have a special nostalgic place in my heart. As the graphics got more updated it felt like a lot of charm and soul was being ripped out of them.

Now in retail player characters are uncanny valley animatronic looking and way too bouncy/jittery/twitchy. It’s personal preference of course, but when the whole point of Classic is to revisit the way things were I’m not really understanding this drive to make things more like retail.

This is such a stupid comment.

To anyone reading: The moment you say, “Go PlAy ReTaIl”, you have just said an incredibly stupid thing.

I don’t care about questing.

I care about raiding, arenas, etc.

I care about playing WOTLK and it would be nice to play wrath with the retail graphics and animations because they are so much better, while the classic game at its’ core is a much better game than retail.

2 Likes