So why can't vanilla subs get beta invites?

Blizzard Wins, they want to thank you for paying for BETA…the one you aren’t in.

1 Like

Boost those earnings for that call at the end of this quarter. I’ve got a bridge that I might give to you IF you pay me now.

You are not a special snowflake. Millions of people played vanilla. Even if they only invited “vanilla vets” to the very small beta, you still have a 99% chance of not getting invited.

Oh ffs, sit down. Say it with me: R-N-G

Whiny, entitled, impatient… /grumble

1 Like

I was in WoW Beta so I should be in WoW Classic Beta.

You can log in and look at your transaction history. Mine goes back all the way to 2004.

I’m not paying anything and I can post in the classic forums where no sub is needed. The $15 lets you post in the general and other forums too.

Then you stop and think that they are doing a beta for a 15 year old game, and kind of laugh about it.

Only blizzard.

1 Like

Mine actually stops at 2008.

https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html&app=bam&cr=true

This will take you to the old style site. After you log in you select the account you wish to view and the history will be complete.

Oh wow, I stand corrected. So, my oldest account is 4-18-2005.

Sweet I did a nice bit of googling to find that cuz on the new site my history stops at 2011.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! For the life of me I couldn’t remember when I actually started as I put all my eggs in the EQ2 basket prior to finally giving in to WoW.

I played Everquest from 1999-2004. Quit with the rest of my server when wow came out.

I loved EQ. I was pretty excited for EQ2 and saw WoW as a watered down version of what an MMO actually was. The whole ability to solo to the cap just seemed lonely to me.

I actually enjoyed needing a group to level and grinding in parties for hours. The 72 man raids however were just utter chaos.

Yea I hear ya there I was in one of the big guilds on The Nameless server. When we were keying people for Plane of Time often there would be multiple guilds going after the same bosses. It wouldn’t be strange to see 2-3 raids in one zone trying to decide who is gonna get the kill.

Did you check your account history in your account profile? Mine lost all it’s pre-2010 data. Maybe a lot of players aren’t getting invites cause of some accounting purge?

Check it here this is the old version of that part of Blizzards website.

https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html&app=bam&cr=true

With some balance and perspective, you’d realize it doesn’t suck at all.

The game will be available to all of us in late Summer.

I went ahead and did an in depth head count on the Beta PvP test realm.

Horde(PvP) has about 575 people online. (82 of which are at the level cap of 30–a previous night, when I checked their level capped population there were an addition 20-some players online, so this head count is low, which should be expected, given the time of day)

Alliance(PvP) has about 521 people online. 96 of whom are at level cap(level 30). They’re also showing fewer level 30’s on than when I check in the evening hours a couple days ago.

Now the PvE realm looks pitiful by comparison:
Horve(PvE) 271 online, 11 of which are level capped.
Alliance(PvE) 362 online, 25 of which are level capped.

Now obviously, this is a true concurrency, this count was done with many manual /who’s performed over a span of about 20 minutes on 4 different logins. So it’s going to have a margin of error. But by my count, I see 1,729 results. Which is a higher number than 1,000.

This also doesn’t cover the F&F/Alpha rest realm which we now know still exists due to Blizzard’s problems when adding in Warsong Gulch. I’d also generally expect that for any “census” attempt made by a player, that for every player seen, there are probably another 1 to 3 players you didn’t see at that particular time. Given the time of day I did this at (between 9 and 930 AM pacific time on a Sunday), I’d expect it to miss closer to 3 than to 1. But going with an Average miss rate of 2 for every one counted on this “Sweep” through the population, you have a beta test population of about 3,500 people. Not 1,000. Going with 3 grows the population to somewhere in the 5 to 6 thousand range for the beta which I think is probably about right. The Alpha probably adds a few thousand more on top of that.

But still, even six thousand players out of pool that is likely to be somewhere in the 6 digit range as it is, would be just a drop in the proverbial bucket.

1 Like