So which is the hunter spec for this patch?

BM or MM? I can float between either. Gonna run a hunter as an alt this season, since I got the green hood and can look like a dwarf Mountaineer. Which is the better spec this season?

I am using BM now that we can take Savagery. Make buff management a lot less stressful.

Since it’s not your main, run whatever spec you like most instead of being a metaslave

1 Like

All three specs are looking strong.

I’m going full BM, I feel like it’s very strong going into season 3.

What game are you playing?

I believe MM is quite a bit better with tier set from 10.2 raid

1 Like

In AoE maybe but in ST I went from 148k Sim to 127k Sim with 10.2 courtesy of the changes to Wind Arrow procs.

You have the new tier set already? Did the bronze dragons break their own rules?

No I played with it on the PTR.

So you did a sim after they changed the tier set?

No I simmed myself in identical gear from Live 10.1.7 to Live 10.2 and went down ~20k

I played with the new tier set on the PTR and the AoE was nuts but the set does stuff all for ST which will still be Garbo.

The high end of this one.

SV, then, SV now. With the bombs change it should be interesting. Also, our FoE is now like a trigger, so it can be used in ST as well.

1 Like

Sv will be good but it won’t be better than BM.

you did something wrong, with that reworked tierset with RF, our single target for MM will be stronger then it was in 10.2, its not even a question, its a RF dmg buff and basically double tap baked into rapid fire.

3 Likes

Just took my exact gear that was simming at 148k, swapped out only the 4 tier pieces for the new set and set them to the same ilvl so the only difference is basically the set bonus.

Using my old ST build I was still down 17k DPS.
Using the new builds on Icy Veins which are both about equal Im still down 8k DPS.

No matter how you spin it, we were nerfed significantly with that Wind Arrow/Trueshot proc change.

So you used an old ST build l….

You do realize the builds changed right?

Now read the line literally directly below that one.

You do realize that when patches change builds change so simming an old build with new tier doesn’t prove anything.

Also lol at simming ST on a primary aoe spec.