So... when does Joyous Journeys end?

Does it end on prepatch (4/30)? Or does it end on release (5/20)?

Have a toon @ 74 that I haven’t touched in a while/collecting dust, was thinking of leveling it up before JJ ends - seems doable over the next 7 days or so (roughly 1 level per night)

Don’t really plan on playing Cata Classic but I figure I would just leave the toon parked @ 80 for the future

Unfortunately, either they do not know, or they have abandoned the players.

Didn’t hear anything about pvp item discount for arena points, players then lost their saved arena points today with no clarification.

Currently, no information on how emblems/justice points are being converted, best info we have is how it was done previously, but it is not safe to assume this.

At this point it is safe to assume that it will end next week, and if it doesn’t we may have it till the 20th.

3 Likes

I would expect JJ to end with the beginning of the pre-patch. You shouldn’t miss it if you are correctly equipped with looms.

1 Like

Aggrend is too busy enjoying his sod attention on Twitter to provide any meaningful answers for cata questions.

8 Likes

I hope they leave it for 1-79, I don’t see the harm in having it as a catch-up mechanic especially with potential new players in the new expansion and of course new alts with all the new race/class combos.

1 Like

I don’t know what they will do with release, but it was gone in beta.

rolls eyes into the skull

Good question. Now you just gotta convince Aggrend to respond to this instead of his 6000000000000th SoD tweet.

3 Likes

I am surprised to learn that people even still play that seasonal game mode. Wow…

1 Like

I dont think the question really matters if they get rid of JJ at prepatch, the reduced exp from 70 to 80 should apply and will probably make up for it.

Having JJ on during prepatch would just be double dipping

The XP nerf for wotlk levels is huge. On wotlk its like 1.5m for 70 to 71, on beta its 630k for 71-72.

60-70 also got a nerf but not as noticeable as 70-80.

And these rates should go live with prepatch too.

This video from like 2 hours ago covers some of this. They finally did the JP / honor conversion and it looks like its following very very close to the original rates. Not exactly the same but close enough. Might need a few more badges and other forums of pvp currency than previously expected.
Side note: Wrathful should be purchasable with honor in prepatch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-C9lB_Ehpo

1 Like

Totally seems do-able, and even pretty fun. What class is it?

I have been leveling this guy, who even though has been around since name reservations in 2019, has never been to max-level…

yet!

:woman_shrugging:

It’s a Warlock

75 after last night, I’m thinking of pulling a “no life” weekend where I just stay inside and binge WoW to power thru the home-stretch/last 5 levels

It’s definitely not fun considering I already played this content/this same set of quests over and over back in 2008-2009 lol :yawning_face::zzz:

1 Like

Cool! Good class for leveling, right?

I’m working on my hunter - level 66 at the moment. Trying to get to 80 and going to do my best to get into raids, and geared up for PVP while getting ready for Cata at the end of next month.

It’s alright I guess, but I still feel Prot Warrior was faster. With this caster toon I still find myself stopping to eat/drink so it’s kinda slower just due to that alone (needing to stop to eat here and there)

When leveling up my Warrior thru WoTLK it just cruised thru the content like a knife thru butter, almost 0 downtime and was even able to solo most elites :flushed:

And it was just pressing 1 button mostly, very little brain-power needed the “rotation” was so ridiculously simple… Revenge Revenge Revenge Revenge Revenge Revenge, maybe toss in a Thunder Clap once in a while :rofl: