So, what's the problem with this event?

a pre-patch event that lasts a couple of weeks is the “highlight of an expansion”? wow.

I started playing World of Warcraft in 2004. When I think back on some of the best times I’ve had playing with my friends, some of whom have passed on, I remember the pre-patch events the most vividly.
Wow indeed.

Probably have to rely on the 454 gear they can get from the various world events. 454 is more than high enough to splatter everything you’ll see in the first zone’s quests. Heck I tried it with 376 gear and it was fine.

Save the 480+ gearup for the first couple characters you want to run though TWW the quickest.

:clap: I’m happy that you’ve gotten what you want and can be done already. I wish I was so lucky.

The problem is that this event seems to be purposefully designed to force you into playing many alts so it can be an advertisement for how “useful” the new Warband system is.

I’ve done the event 20 times. 18 with the weekly quest. I’ve received 2 pieces of cloth. That’s what I play. Cloth.

I have to create an alt army to take advantage of a lag infested, toxically designed event so that Blizzard can say, “See! Warband is super great!”

if all you want is cloth, after doing the event 20 times you should have enough memories to buy everything you don’t have. sounds to me like you’re finished with the event. unless you play 6 different clothies that need 480 gear.

I do have multiple cloth wearing characters that I was hoping to get gear for, yes. But at this point, I’m doing it for the mog so I can end this misery as soon as possible.

The blobs drops the 25 less that 50% of the time for me.

The boss drops the 500 less than 50% of the time for me.

I’d also like to get the mount and pets.

Not sure how you have 35k memories. But I still need another nearly 60k, just to get the mounts, pets, and gear for a single character. Less depending on how many more mail pieces the game decides to drop.

But if you can honestly say that you think this was a well designed, fun event. That this is an event that you would have been proud to have designed. Then I’m glad someone is enjoying it.

You’re gonna hate the direction TWW went in. :frowning:

Just reading this is annoying me again after trying this event crap out yesterday, lol.
Hard pass…on the entire thing as it stands now.
And i actually enjoyed BFA, SL and DF prepatch.

No I refuse

I never said that. all I said was it wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

That was the title of one person’s thread. That was not the content of their post, or anyone else’s post for that matter. Plenty of people have specifically explained what they don’t like about it. To pretend otherwise at this point is just silly. :upside_down_face:

The problem is that the event is boring, tedious and repetitive. it is just a reskinned grand hunt and the currency given is way too low for the number of items to buy.

As sad as it is I did that yesterday, Though I wasn’t drooling for it or anything.

90 min is just too long to stay on but seemingly too short to get anything done irl.

The moral of the story is, no matter what they would have done, everyone would complain. you absolutely do not need a full set of event gear to start the xpac, you will be replace it in the first 30 minutes of questing anyway if its like every other xpac.

I got yet another cape and another bit of plate gear.

Im torn between forgetting the transmog set and just getting the mount.
Or saying screw it all and ignoring the event completely.

1 Like

i forgot this generation needs everything instantly or even faster, the event is 4 weeks long, i have no doubt you will get everything you need. when its every 30 minutes, people will scream its too fast

“Need” isn’t necessary in this context. World of Warcraft is a leisure activity, and people find fun in many different ways. It’s not your responsibility to validate others’ playstyles or choices. Enjoy the game in a way that makes you happy and let others do the same.

I don’t get this argument. Why should we, as paying customers, accept a poorly designed event for 2 weeks, when we already know that a solution is coming in 2 weeks, for some arbitrary reason? Why delay improvements to the event?

It’d be one thing if it was fun now and would be more fun later… but it’s abysmal now, and will be only moderately better at 30 minutes.

The waiting is the primary issue, but it’s far from the only one. The event is grindy, buggy, laggy, and just not fun. (And the rewards are terrible in comparison to previous events. 1 mount and sub-LFR item level gear? lol)

4 Likes

So you think doing the same reskinned event HUNDREDS of times for four weeks is reasonable?

1 Like

After logging in for a couple of the events last night, I began to wonder if the events were so spread out because of all the lag. At one point Onyxia had spawned so many whelps that nobody could trigger any spells. As far as I can tell, the whelps eventually just despawned and we could attack, again.

I think the event lasted 15 minutes with 10 minutes dedicated purely to Onyxia and her massive lag fest.

The lag was even bleeding into other zones, there was no reason to level my DH in remix because all inputs were taking 10 seconds - a minute to register.

3 Likes