So what's the deal with this lore?

I was hoping the drust areas would offset the nightelfy vibes, but it didn’t do much for me, personally.

Oh well. I still chose it for my troll druid.

1 Like

The whole concept these new devs have for the shadowlands mess up the old lore so much.
They already retconed how the emerald dream works, how the lich king was created, they retconed chronicles for gods sake, now they come with this bs of “acThUaLly chronicles is on the point of view of the titans”.
Not even gonna start on the jailer being the goofiest, non threatning villain ever conceived, with his dark nipp powers

1 Like

Or the Other Side. Literally an Afterlife made for JUST Horde Races.

2 Likes

::He would look at the manastorms.::
Just Horde races, huh?

Made just for Horde races, yes.

That’s a trick question. We all know gnomes have no souls, so they do not count.

8 Likes

That would explain why I haven’t seen one in the maw yet.

4 Likes

When you’re questing - And you go up to where the Arbiter is, if you look around the skybox, you’ll see there’s a TONNE of afterlife gateways. (I, myself only noticed on my alt at a later time) The sights rather sell the ‘Infinite Afterlives’ reference.

From what it seems, the 4 we visit are the upper level or ‘Front line’ of the Shadowlands that either have the biggest impact on the mortal / living plane of existence; or in some cases for the souls that require consulting through war, redemption, devotion or simply resting before moving on to where they either belong or are destined to go. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Considering Blizzard made a point to have Baine in Shadowlands and Cairne’s ghost appearing during the Tauren heritage armor quests… I’m feeling optimistic that at least one new zone will feature the afterlife the Cairne ended up in.

Thanks to you I got the image of my head of the Jailer shooting Death Beam lasers out of his nipples. I’m torn between laughing and cursing you.

From what I understand De Other Side is just for trolls, all trolls or at least the trolls favored by the loa present. You Bwonsamdi and Mueh’zala fighting over it, and even Hakkar seems to have his own spot in the realm, which he shifted into looking ZG.

Bwonsamdi is just sending us places to get his mojo back from prior deals he made and apparently at one point he made a deal with them. Now last I checked the pair of them were alive so, unless they died offscreen, I figured Bwonsamdi sent us back to Azeroth for a moment to get his mojo from them.

3 Likes

In the light…we are…one…

Just kidding, go to heavy metal zombie battle-land /air guitar

1 Like

These afterlives were never proven to be real though were they? It was just what those races believed to be what happened after they died. But it’s much like Christianity, they say that people go to heaven or hell. How do we know this is true? We don’t.

It could very well be that all of that, was just racial religious belief. Humans did it irl, the races within Warcraft certainly could too, right?

Now what I would like to believe is the case is that these afterlives do exist, we just haven’t seen them represented yet in-game. I don’t know if that will hold any truth, it likely won’t, but it’s a nice thought.

EDIT; I too would like an explanation for what happens to those that die in the Shadowlands, so far in this expansion that has been the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around. If, for example, a Kyrian dies then what happens to it’s soul? Hopefully we get an explanation.

We have Word of God but to be fair, it’s been fairly fallible lately.

Blizzard did say if a soul dies in the Shadowlands it’s end of the line. But it seems to vary between the realms. In Mald it seems your body can be destroyed but unless your actual soul is destroyed you can have a new one made. In Ardenweald I’ve heard NPC/quest text reference fairies and other Night fae getting killed and 'returning to the cycle/eventually being reborn in the forest . Though whether that just applies to beings native to the forest (the fairies for example) or mortals who were sent there after death I’m not too sure.

You are clearly insinuating that the Alliance got an afterlife where the Horde didn’t. Which one? It’s not Bastion, nor is it Ardenweald. And it’s not the two I mentioned earlier. So which is it?

1 Like

Ardenweald. It’s designed after night elven aesthetics. It favors Night Elven gods. It’s THE named as afterlife for all followers of Elune (of whom, Night Elves are Her Favored Chosen.) When Ysera – who loves the night elves so much that she bound the entire race to her realm the Emerald Dream – is resurrected, it specifically plays the Night Elf theme. The goddess of the realm states that the gods of the night elves’ ancient enemy, the trolls, are beneath her.

There’s a million reasons and more, but you aren’t going to be honest, so I’m not going to waste my time arguing with you, other than probably quoting this post in the future.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No it’s not. Ardenweald looks as much like Ashenvale as Ashenvale looks like Grizzly hills.

So all the loa i’ve seen there, on top of the deities from different planets, are all Night elven? Of the “Night elven gods”, there’s Ursoc and, if you stretch it really far, Ysera. Where’s the rest you’re talking about?

Ardenweald is for those who serve nature, not Elune. And where do you get the idea that the Night elves are her favored choosen? We know of several Night warriors who weren’t Night elves.

She dislikes Bwonsamdi, and Bwonsamdi alone. That may be because of a history between them, or simply because their personalities mix like water and oil.

I’m just not seeing it.

2 Likes

I can’t help but feel Blizzard missed a great chance to add some meta to their narrative here. Instead of this odd non-explanation that doesn’t even hold up within their own narrative, where we have dead people talk about how they’ve already died in the Shadowlands and got better, but only some zones, they could have gone a different way.

Weaker, more simplistic souls die and come back quickly. They have less of themselves to reconstitute, and they could return in just a few minutes. More powerful ones have more of themselves to pull back together. It could take ten minutes, a few hours, a day or more, even a week. When we face the Jailer, we’ll need super-mojo to perma-end him of course.

With that explanation, at least in the Shadowlands, they’ve just explained away mobs respawning and made it canonical to the dead realms. And it makes the Shadowlands more dangerous; you don’t just have an endless army of the dead to contend with, but they also just keep popping back up!

Again, just a wasted opportunity there.

1 Like

Posting this more for other people than for you. I’m 95% sure I’ve already explained this to you, and you’re being intentionally obtuse.

Note: I didn’t add any of the italics. Winter Queen uses Loa like it’s a four-letter word.

1 Like

Because instead of helping nature, a lot of them care more about meddling with mortals, one way or another. Almost all the loa are focused on their followers, or to gather more of them. To her, who is hyperfocused on keeping her own realm intact, and on keeping the cycle of ardenweald going, such things are completely irrelevant.
Must I also remind you she refered Ysera, someone you very clearly refers to as a “Night elven god”, as “my sisters pet”. Hardly a nice thing to call someone.

This is asinine as hell. Not all wild gods are about nature at all.
Winter Queen doesn’t even have a stated opinion on the “helping of nature.” Her only purpose is to rebirth wild gods. That’s it.

Rezan was the LOA OF KINGS. That has nothing to do with nature. It is still Winter Queen’s job to resurrect him.

Provide a source on the Winter Queen’s desire for all Wild Gods to administer and protect nature.

Provide a source that Loa do not do this.

I’ll wait.
Do not respond without one or both of these sources.