So what's the deal with the new Light of the Martyr?

In TWW they’ve reworked Light of the Martyr. It now increases Holy Shock healing by 20% (up to 35%) and you receive a healing absorb for 30% of Holy Shock’s healing.

This talent is seriously weak. For sake of argument, you heal someone for 100k with HS with this talent you would heal them for an additional 20k but you get a healing absorb for 36k… The healing absorb is more than the benefit.

A couple of other things:

• If you take the follow up talent (Bestow Light) the benefit goes up to 35% but the additional 15% stacks up in 5% increments every 5 seconds you spend over 70% health.
  • You have to be above 80% (70% with Bestow Light) for this talent to do anything at all.
  • It’s super bad if you overheal because you still get the healing absorb for the total amount, not effective healing.

What is this talent? Is this not a net negative? Even if you take into consideration beacon transfer, it’s still a net loss.

1 Like

If you’re in a raid/battle ground a lot of aoe healing is going out anyways then this absorb will eat up some overhealing and provide you with an increase in spot healing.

It makes you look good on the meters.

Jokes aside, Light of the Martyr and Bestow Light makes Holy Shock into an incredibly powerful spotheal. Shock crit heals for ~25% of a non-tanks health currently on the beta, with Rec, LotM and BL. The healing absorb will mostly be dealt with random AoE heals. In M+ i am not sure you would want to use the talent(s) however.

LotM actually prevents you from being healed by Beacon, not just from Holy Shock but at all.

Is there a cap for the healing absorb?

Yeah, about 50% of your maximum health.

Ew that’s absolutely atrocious

Yeah I was familiar with that, I just meant the 20% extra Holy Shock healing will transfer to beacons but at no extra cost on the healing absorb. But even after you account for that it’s still not a net positive.

I guess this talent can be summarised as: not HPS positive, while your own health pool can support it, do upto 35% extra HS healing at the expense of a larger healing absorb on yourself, the healing absorb will be passively healed off via aoe healing.

Feels a bit like healing meter padding. It’s a total healing positive talent because you’re literally creating healing.

It’s a poorly designed talent because it’s just a modifier with extra steps. It also only works when the Paladin’s Health is above 80%, so depending if they land the “triage healing” … either it will be tuned to be “meta” or it won’t.

LoD always heals the Paladin, and things like Veneration and AC could be tuned to be a playstyle again, so chances are is these abilities (along with other’s HoTs/AoE heals) will just cancel out.

I’ve promised one of my raiding buddies I’ll take the talent, so he (as a restoration druid) can just keep Lifebloom on me 100% of the time with a focus macro (since tanks won’t need it). I think it’ll end up helping his padding more than mine.

2 Likes

After the recent tank nerfs, this may possibly no longer be the play, as they might want that Lifebloom after all. We’ll see how it goes I guess

shockadin focus build

weak ? no, it is an average meh that can crit 300k-400k

the problem is you need it to crit 100% of the time to make it effective and u need bestow light to cancel out the negative + large hp pool, u just regen all the time when u hit the threshold, even if u are missing some of that hp chunk.

I just completed a 14 uld using martyr and it never caused even the slightest issue. At one point I had about a 800k shield that I fully healed off with one holy shock crit