So what would you like to see?

Calia shouldn’t take over, but I don’t like the idea of Lilian taking over either. Her total 180 in her outlook on undeath and necromancy in BfA compared to literally every other appearance before still bothers me a lot. She’s like a completely different character now with no explanation, and I’d rather have the old Lilian back. How unhinged she was is why she was enjoyable.

I’d make the leader of the Forsaken Grand Apothecary Faranell, personally. He’s already in a position of power in their society and hopefully the RAS being prominent again would give the Forsaken their old mad scientist flavor back after IMO they’ve steadily lost it over the years.

2 Likes

Everything has its time in the sun, but a thing that goes on beyond its allotted span is a terrible thing.
It weakens everything around it and tarnishes the memory of what glory it once had.

The Forsaken was a sharp blade of vengeance under Sylvanases wing, nefarious to her own ends yes but still the Forsaken were strong and a determined ally to the Horde.

Now they are broken. Without purpose without meaning and now their very enemies are made to reforge the pieces of their broken society when the so called family of the horde does not?

Ridiculous. Better they simply remain abominable monsters than manikins for the Alliances grief.

They will never reclaim Lorderon and they will never get their dead back without completely destroying what’s left of the Forsaken as a race.

100% of Forsaken are former Alliance.

1 Like

Yeah that’s all well and good, but literally none of your cringey RP is canonical or any kind of argument really.

1 Like

Key word there.

Former.

1 Like

It is but whats it matter?

Any shred of pride either side has or had is well and truly gone by now.

The Horde can only fragment without a Warchief and the Alliance will forever be powerless to act with the likes of Anduin holding your leash until one of your dogs does more than bark.

And Calia would then be former Alliance. It’s a completely worthless observation.

1 Like

The devs consider all racial cities outside of Stormwind and Orgrimmar as wasted development time, they will never revisit Undercity and Teldrassil in the story (unless they repurpose them outside of being major cities). The new intro zone will make the intro experiences irrelevant.

That said, Calia will never be leader of the Forsaken. Sure, the story may put her on the “throne” for a while…but she’ll never be the true leader.

You are leaving out the reason why they are former Alliance. Context matters. Calia has never left the Alliance, suddenly leaving to join the Horde is a bit jarring don’t you think? In fact, Alliance members would see her as treasonous and Horde members would see the new defector as highly suspicious to where her true loyalties lie. She would effectively alienate herself.

1 Like

Worlds End Tavern is that way :point_right:t2: you cringey sad sack.

1 Like

This from the race that infamously changes allegiances the moment they’re reanimated? Please. If anything it’s fitting.

2 Likes

You sound like they had a choice?

The Alliance rejected their Lordaeron allies seeing them as monsters making them Forsaken, Sylvanas then made contact with The Horde to ensure their survival. Do you not remember this?

3 Likes

You can’t take the War out of Warcraft.

Blizzards golden rule.

Andorhal, Silverpine, Darkshore…

Your bias is showing.

You’re forgetting the “frenzied state” that happens immediately after raising that the Forsaken take advantage of in those scenarios to bolster their ranks against an immediate enemy. Like in Andorhal, Silverpine, Darkshore…

Calia was raised in a controlled environment by allies and didn’t go through a “frenzied state” where she was manipulated into fighting her former allies.

Your bias is showing.

1 Like

So what? Sudden faction change is a sudden faction change, handwaived bull “frenzied state” that is never once brought up outside dev comments or no. The reason does not matter.

None of them frenzy against the Horde.
None of them remain Pro Alliance, either rejoining them or creating a pro alliance exile faction.
It’s a jarring faction change. Full stop.

Do try to pay attention to the points, you seem to speak in perfect spheres.

The reason does matter, because it’s the Story Forum.

Except I said they suddenly faction changed.

They suddenly faction changed.

That’s it. Discussion over. Your red herrings are futile.

I believe you mean what would you like to see for the forsaken in the future, well there are still loyalist forsaken so they would have to fight themselves while rebuilding their faction, i can understand the forsaken not liking calia at all but… i guess i would like to see calia dealing with the forsaken, much to their chagrin.

1 Like

Ask CDev Answers - Round 3
Q: Why do some Alliance soldiers raised by the Forsaken immediately become loyal to the Forsaken while others do not? Are they being mind controlled? If so, by whom - Sylvanas or the Val’kyr? How does this relate to the fact that the Forsaken cultural identity is based on their free will and rebellion against the Lich King?

A: Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

Source: h ttps://web.archive.org/web/20120908071208/http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474

They “faction changed” because they were forced to on the spot by the Val’kyr after they were killed in battle, and were then manipulated by the Forsaken into turning onto their allies. Then, they either joined the Forsaken for real - because who else would take them in at this point after they’ve become the enemy and killed their friends - or went back to being dead.

You’re trying to shut me down so hard and so fast because you have no counter to my argument about the frenzied state, which goes against your whole argument of “they immediately faction changed on the spot during the battles in Andorhal, SIlverpine and Darkshore, therefore so can Calia even though it’s not remotely for the same reasons nor within remotely the same context”. When I brought that up, you immediately decreed:

You brushed aside the inconvenient lore when it became inconvenient to your pro-Calia Forsaken leader argument, in spite of using the battles in which the frenzied state was used as your main argument for it.

3 Likes