So what would you like to see?

I imagine there will have to be a new Forsaken introduction as well as starting zone post BFA. I imagine if they were going to force Calia Menethil as the next Forsaken leader then I could see a set up that Calia helps recapture/resettle Undercity by have an extensive questline which concludes with Undercity being renewed in light.

Probably a good way to shoehorn Calia into the Horde. I don’t think its probable but I do believe with the acts in BFA, the Forsaken will need a new Intro as well as a new starting zone.

What do you think about that and if there is, how do you think it would take place?

I rather see the return of Kel’thuzad than a Calia forsaken story.

16 Likes

I’m not sure the architect behind the Forsaken dying in the first place has any business being their racial leader.

The Forsaken collectively kick out Calia, then Lilian Voss reluctantly accepts that she’s not in an interim position and is in for the long haul.

3 Likes

I want to see them turned into their intended purpose.

As weapons, blades to be drawn and ran across the Proudmoores throats.

For as long as Sylvanas lives and holds mastery over her new powers of Shadow who isn’t to say her reach is limited to the Shadowlands? That we are safe from her machinations?

It is not outside the realm of possibility that Derek is a sleeper and not all of Sylvanases loyalists have been caught, it is all simply too neatly tied together at the moment. Something is bound to slip through the cracks.

I actually found that doubtful. After all if you make a new Night Elf or Forsaken your capital still exists and its not until you reach 110 that Teldrassil is aflame and you get the quest for the Battle for Lordaeron.

Though it does make me wonder how they are going to handle leader location for Shadowlands. Like will Thrall, Rokhan, Gazlowe, and Voss all be placed in Grommash Hold? Or they will have their own areas like Thrall in Grommash Hold, Rokhan in the Echo Islands, Gazlowe in Bilgewater Harbor and Voss in the Cleft of Shadow?

1 Like

There is no story where Calia becomes the Forsaken leader that I would “like” to see.

Also no, there doesn’t need to be a new starting zone for Forsaken or Night Elves, because those two races start in Cataclysm time. Teldrassil and Tirisfal remain phased versions of their pre-BFA iterations until you get to 110.

By the time your character advances to a point where BFA has occurred, you no longer need a starting zone.

2 Likes

OP is talking about Forsaken as a group, not 1 vaguely-plot-relevant zombie. Their “intended purpose” is whatever they deem it to be, as they were raised with free will.

2 Likes

No amount of free-will, will ever change the cold dead repellant nature of the undead.

To pretend otherwise is madness.

high elves lol

Not as a racial leader just come back into the story see what he’s been up to.

The whole of the undead plot sans Sylvanas proves you entirely incorrect. While Calia as the queen is proving to be a horrible plot, the acceptance of undead amidst those NOT undead is proving to be an intriguing one. Even Genn Greymane can admit not all undead are horrible.

But then again, this is coming from the person who thought Arthas should be the Forsaken leader, so I don’t really think anyone should be putting any stock in what you think about the Forsaken.

3 Likes

So, reverse steward of Gondor? Voss proves she’s so begrudgingly competent in her position, and garners enough loyalty naturally, that the Forsaken choose her over Calia? I’d be all for that!

1 Like

Yeah? How far do you want the horde to bend over more so you can shove your alliance human potential deeper?

Was your King’s speech not enough in the center of orgrimar?

6 Likes

The entirety of WoW post Wrath retconned. But I’ll settle for BfA never happening.

6 Likes

What does that mean? NE/Forsaken were two of the original races in Vanilla…right?

It means that all Vanilla zones were updated to Cataclysm zones. So they start in Cataclysm storyline now, like all other races introduced up to Cata.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with when the races were added to the game. I’m talking about the starting zones and the storylines in them.

When Cataclysm dropped, all of the prior zones were updated to the Cataclysm storyline, including the starting zones. That means the old Vanilla starting zones were replaced with zones and storylines in which Vanilla, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King had already occurred.

The starting zones - and much all of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor - exist in a vacuum where it is Cataclysm. Zones relevant to BFA like Teldrassil or Tirisfal are phased into their newer renditions ONLY when you hit 110, and can be phased back.

There is no need for a new Forsaken or Night Elf starting zone, because they don’t actually lose their starting zones in-lore until 110. If you make a new Night Elf or Forsaken now, both Teldrassil and Lordaeron are intact. By the time they’re destroyed, you’re well past the need for a starting zone.

1 Like

Or they can change the undercity and its upper city as a neutral hub for horde and alliance.

Alliance get undeal like calia and horde get forsaken.

But yea im nore interested in Kel’thuzad returning. May be an actual cloth casting necromancer class. I dont feel like dk makes the cut. They are a mixture we need a full blown necromancer. Perhaps the cult of the dammed.

They’re merging the starting areas for all races into one in Shadowlands, anyway.

So now there’s another layer of disjointed time-jumping to add to the leveling experience.

2 Likes