So what, exactly do non-raiders get to work on for Season 4?

Those same people cry when Blizzard “forced” them to run lower level content to help gear up for world first races. Now I think that was dumb, but cutting edge raiders don’t like the idea of content not made for them anymore than we do.

1 Like

I get to work on FF 14.

Shrug. Theres literally nothing for me in WOW right now, especially with the removal of the slime cat mount from LFR.

10 Likes

Yeah, sort of, but do people who like to raid want to be grouped with less than enthusiastic and inexperienced players who are just after a mount?

4 Likes

Are they, though? Do the mythic raiders do a lot of pet battles? Do they collect transmog and legacy mounts? Do they roleplay? Do they PVP?

5 Likes

That’s not true. All of them have unique effects or appearances compared to LFR/N/H ones.

And what about gear cosmetics?

Your paying to play an mmo, not a single player game with multiplayer matchmaking.

1 Like

Literally why i do not have the over all holiday achieve. I dont PVP. I wont ruin someone elses PVP to get an achievement that should never have been added into a meta.

4 Likes

The ones that like pet battles and want whatever pet battles reward do.

Yes, of course they also tend to get that stuff when it’s current anyway.

That’s not Blizz provided content, it’s player interaction.

The ones who want to and the ones who want something from PvP, yes.

If they want something, they do the content that rewards it. If they want it bad enough, they’ll do the content that gives them a better chance of getting what they do want, even if they don’t like it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you at least auto attack someone you’ll still be contributing more than some people in there, no reason to feel bad!

1 Like

It’s still the same basic design with some added visual effects. The point is that they are not designing unique armor sets solely for mythic raiders.

You have 2 covenant sets per covenant plus numerous unique shoulder and back mogs

Plus you have multiple open-world cosmetic sets you get as quest rewards.

Shadowlands added 172 mounts.
20 are from Raids and PVP.
Yet this is one is making people rage

1 Like

I am a raider, and I just don’t feel like raiding much anymore as I am on a raiding break/burnt out/taking a break. Even I want LFR as a raider.

5 Likes

The ability to send relics across their account to complete transmogs.

1 Like

Well, for one thing they were able to get Tier gear and 252 weapons.

I mean, they’re bringing back more content that we’ve already done and making it “current” and “relevant”, right?

I mean, yes, this is something that many of us are sick and tired of, but it’s also something that many of us have specifically asked for, and it’s a lot less work to rehash old dungeons than to make something new, so why not take the easier path and listen to the people who want something terrible?

But it is everytime someone cites that “nobody raids anymore”.
Sure are quick to lump LFR in there when the discussion shifts to where development dollars should be spent.

At this point I’m all for removing LFR, because the numbers of “raider participation” will fall so low without it being included, raiding won’t be able to be justified as the be all, end all of the game anymore.

4 Likes

I think you can attribute that to the uniqueness of the mount and the bait-and-switch approach to how this mount is being implemented.

1 Like

Noone gets anything this season. It’s literally a dead season of no content.
I do think it’s stupid not to give the slime cat for LFR completion though.

It’s not like doing normal of raids we’ve already defeated is going to be difficult so it can’t be the accomplishment.
As far as I’m concerned there is only 6 hours of playtime this season, 2 hours a week over 3 weeks to complete each raid on normal and then uninstall and wait for classic WotLK.

4 Likes

They are taking the time to ensure that mythic gear is consistently the most detailed armor in the game. If the visual extras don’t matter, let’s put them on world quests! :slightly_smiling_face:

Further, wasn’t covenant gear art only at release? If we got that every patch, I’d have no concerns at all. IIRC it was only a one time thing though.

1 Like