So what, exactly do non-raiders get to work on for Season 4?

Not everyone likes to raid. (I do, but I emphasize for people who don’t like group content.)

Now, some of the more adventurous inverts might’ve dipped their toes into the most casual content (LFR) in hopes of snagging the cool new Slime Cat (the name can’t be spelled on forums) but Blizzard took this away from them.

So what gives?

Are these solo/introverted people not paying their subscription fee and can be marginalized without fear of reprisal?

Are the 0.1% paying substantially more per month to merit ignoring the others?

Look, if this is the case, then please continue to design the game around only the most hardcore content.

76 Likes

You aren’t being marginalized, you’re choosing not to participate in content in an MMO.

I’m all for the mount coming from LFR, but the persecution complex you people have is ridiculous.

32 Likes

How is doing LFR or being a Mythic+ player not choosing to participate?

17 Likes

Grape juice tornado :partying_face:

What did non raiders work on in season 3?

6 Likes

Being a solo player playing a mmo always meant getting the scraps of the table. Anyway, even for raiders this isn’t new content. M+ get some kinda of mix of stuff that wasn’t in the expansion atleast. last part of an expansion is always a good time to take a break.

4 Likes

Well there is still mythic+ and PvP, raiding isn’t the only form of organized content in the game. I am not surprised they removed the slime cat from LFR, it’s not even really raiding.

1 Like

World Bosses are getting fated each week that corresponds with their raid tier.

So there is something.

Also, you are getting exactly what you would have gotten if they did not try the experimental season 4…

4 Likes

You get to work on the things that aren’t tied to the competitive, group-based season.

3 Likes

How frequently does Blizzard design cool cosmetic gear and similar rewards for non-raid content? I mean, compare the level of effort between three meh sets of cypher gear and 12 sets of awesome Mythic gear. What prevents Blizzard from designing cool stuff for both? Everyone gets one version if they participate in outdoor content. Cool, ok - so? The Mythic gear should still exist too. They couldn’t even be bothered to nerf Legion raids two expansions later because they’re so focused on raiders.

10 Likes

The . 1% are just using all of the content they pay for every month. If others choose not to that’s on them.

Shadow Lands actually had a substantial amount of mogs and mounts that were earned through non-raid content.

However, “Cool” is subjective.

7 Likes

Season four is really a bad hand for people who don’t do some form of organized content. At least in the past they got some kind of ilvl bump for world quests. There will be fated world bosses but that is only going to take them so far.

10 Likes

Sure, definitely unique. But it would be a tough sell convincing me that Blizzard invested anything close to the same resources for that gear art as they do for the Mythic cosmetics.

1 Like

Now I agree that there should definitely be more (or any lol) open world / soloable advancement added in S4.

That being said I would like to point out in response to the many “do they pay more than me” arguments put forth all over the forums that the top 1% likely actually do provide 50% or more of the revenue that bliz makes off wow.

There are some really interesting articles and videos on spending in games and the pareto distribution. It might not be quite as drastic in wow since it’s far less direct of a pay for power system but likely not far off.

2 Likes

Mythic cosmetics are just recolors of the standard raid sets…and 2 of the 3 raid tiers only had 1 design per armor type.

It’s really not as different as it may seem.

1 Like

Every time there is a single reward that isn’t spoon fed to players there is an uproar about Blizzard catering to the 1% lol. It’s insane

4 Likes

If this is the case, then I’m 100% in favor of them catering to that crowd.

Look if you promote token sales by offering carries obviously you are more of a priority target for the corporation to cater to duh.

2 Likes

in 9.2 they added 33 mounts with mostly unique models you can get without ever having to step in a raid or dungeon.

7 Likes